1741 Business Center Drive, Suite 200 Reston, VA 20190 US
ASHBURN VA 20147
Assists the Retail Controller with all aspects of the financial activities that occur within the region by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Responsible for, or assists with, all accounting activity within the Retail Division including:
* Financial statements prepared in an accurate and timely fashion
* Accounting conforms to generally accepted accounting principles
* Ensures balance sheet accounts reconciled each period
* Ensures accounting follows contract terms
*Analyzes income statement and balance sheet for accuracy and completeness
* Assist with the preparation of period end financial reports.
* Train new and existing accounting staff in company policies and procedures in their duties for their position.
* Lends financial perspective to business issues facing the Division
* Teaches operators on how to better understand and use financial statements
* With operations’ input, assists in annual budget process
* Assists with keeping operations focused on optimization of working capital including: collection of past due receivables, inventory management, and pay vendors according to terms; take all available discounts
* Be able to complete special projects as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) with accounting or business emphasis from four-year College or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in restaurant or hospitality industry is a plus.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and be able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Must be highly proficient with the use of computers and software including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
Other Qualifications: Background and/or security check will be required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: C.P.A. license or M.B.A. preferred.
Presented by Garrett Moyer with Gecko Hospitality
Please send your resume by return e mail