Assistant Chief Engineer
Hilo, HI 96720 US
Our company is currently seeking a professional Assistant Chief Engineer with outstanding guest service skills and experience. Apply today as the Assistant Chief Engineer for our location in Hilo, HI. Our history of hospitality continues to inspire us to always provide a warm and inviting experience for our guests. Our hotel is designed with comfort, function and welcoming amenities in mind for our guests to work and rest better. Join our team to be a part of a growing organization and begin your career as our Assistant Chief Engineer. Apply now for this position in Hilo, on The Big Island, HI.
Job Title: Assistant Chief Engineer
Compensation: $60,000 annual salary
Job Description: The Assistant Chief Engineer will be responsible for the physical building structure, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and related equipment and make sure that these systems are in accordance with energy conservation and preventative maintenance programs. The Assistant Chief Engineer must ensure that all systems operate to regulatory standards, all property assets are constantly maintained to the highest level and all legally mandated safety operating systems/criteria are adhered to by all. The Assistant Chief Engineer is accountable for managing budgets, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance, and energy conservation. Additional responsibilities of the Assistant Chief Engineer include training, mentoring and the development of the engineering team, scheduling of employees, directing and coordinating all engineering activities to ensure efficient management of engineering/hotel operations. The Assistant Chief Engineer will report to Chief Engineer and advise when specialist intervention is required.
· Competitive Starting Salary
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Paid Time Off
· Bonus Program
· The Assistant Chief Engineer must have a minimum 2 years’ experience in hotel maintenance/engineering with two years management experience
· Appropriate degrees and certificates are required for the Assistant Chief Engineer position
· Extensive knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems is required for the Assistant Chief Engineer
· The Assistant Chief Engineer must be able to work well with members of all departments within the hotel and promote a cordial and caring attitude toward all other department heads
· The Assistant Chief Engineer must have the ability to communicate in English as well as the ability to communicate well with guests
· The Assistant Chief Engineer must have knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations, National, State and Local building regulations and codes, equipment operations and preventive maintenance procedures
Apply Now – Assistant Chief Engineer in Hilo,HI.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jason Trim’s career, spanning over 30 years in the hospitality and service industry, started with humble beginnings at a local golf course. Through the years he has worked with several Destination Resorts and High-End Golf Clubs where he has gained deep experience in a variety of operations. As a Hospitality General Manager, Jason’s experience in all operating departments is extensive. Jason is a Certified Club Manager (CCM), and a Class ‘A’ PGA Golf Professional.
Jason has a wide-ranging background in Food & Beverage operations covering all types and sizes of venues, from poolside casual cafes to luxurious private club dining. He prides himself in building great teams and finding the right fit for the right position.
When not working Jason enjoys golf, time with the family at the beach, and the always amazing Hawaii sunsets.