Assistant Director Of Food And Beverage
Stowe, VT 05672 US
We are seeking an Assistant Director of Food and Beverage for our four-season, full-service luxury resort situated in beautiful Stowe, Vermont. Our Assistant Director of Food & Beverage will lead a highly efficient operation across our resort BOH operations and food-related activities, ensuring a safe, clean, and organized workplace. Your responsibilities encompass food production across all resort a la carte outlets. Our ideal Assistant Director of Food and Beverage will deliver exceptional leadership skills, problem-solving abilities, keen diligence, and a strong commitment to assisting others. Our ideal candidate should also hold a culinary degree, be a certified Executive Chef, or possess at least 3 years of relevant experience in the Resort or Hotel industry.
- Supervise menu planning and conduct tastings in collaboration with owners and staff.
- Innovate recipes and culinary techniques to ensure consistently high-quality food while managing costs effectively.
- Maintain an extensive recipe database within the POS system and create plating guides.
- Collaborate closely on pricing strategies for menu items and manage menu item costs.
- Implement one purchasing system & controls to minimize food, supply waste, and prevent theft.
- Support Chefs in approving product requisitions and sourcing food supplies.
- Continuously assess food product quality to uphold consistent standards.
- Deliver comprehensive safety training to kitchen staff, focusing on sanitation and accident prevention.
- Establish and uphold a rigorous cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
- Foster a culture of safety and cleanliness across all kitchen operations.
- Develop and update policies and procedures to enhance quality and performance measurement.
- Ensure written policies and procedures are up to date with the latest industry techniques, equipment, and terminology.
- Conduct interviews, select, train, supervise, counsel, and discipline kitchen employees.
- Provide continuous training and opportunities for professional growth to kitchen staff.
- Conduct regular performance evaluations.
- Collaborate with Chefs to optimize staffing levels for productivity and quality.
- Monitor and manage food and payroll costs to align with budgeted labor cost goals.
- Prepare budget-related data and project annual food, labor, and other costs.
- Monitor actual financial results and take corrective actions as necessary to meet financial goals.
- Ability to foster positive relationships and promote collaboration with supervisors, management, colleagues, members, and the public to create a cohesive team environment while maintaining professionalism and friendliness.
- Capacity to consistently produce high volumes of work within designated times, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and a commitment to maintaining high-quality standards.
- Culinary degree or certification as an Executive Chef.
- 3+ years of applicable experience in the Resort or Hotel industry.
- Serve Safe Certificate in sanitation is required.
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- STD and LTD Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K w/ Matching
- Temporary Housing