Assistant Director Of Food and Beverage
Cashiers, NC 28717 US
Country Club Assistant Food & Beverage Director
Our company is currently seeking a professional Assistant Food & Beverage Director with outstanding customer service skills and experience in the industry. Apply today for this great opportunity at our location in Cashiers, NC. We employ hardworking, talented individuals with a passion for the hospitality industry. If you would like to become the Assistant Food & Beverage Director with a company within an enjoyable environment don’t miss this opportunity at our location in Cashier, NC!
- Leads and manages the food and beverage division of the business; interviews, hires, trains, and develops staff; evaluates Food & Beverage staff and handles disciplinary and counseling actions when necessary; conducts pre-shift meetings, inspects outlets, and recommends appropriate actions for improvement.
- Ensures a high level of performance, guest satisfaction, and profitability.
- Establish goals for the food and beverage division, analyze financial reports, anticipate trends, enact service, as well as come up with profit-oriented and cost-saving ideas/activities.
- Communicate daily with the F&B Director to ensure a coordinated effort at providing a quality clubhouse experience for all members and guests.
- Ensure compliance with prescribed standards in the areas of guest satisfaction, food & beverage cost, labor cost, safety, sanitation, and product preparation.
- Actively monitor member services to ensure standards of operation constantly meet or exceed the presently established guidelines.
- Consistently demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, neatness, and dependability to produce results in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Supervise inventory and cost control.
- Operate and maintain dining areas staffed with knowledgeable and competent personnel.
- Inspect outlets daily before opening and again at closing to ascertain any maintenance, repairs, or additional cleanup needs.
- Maintain high visibility in the dining room to receive residents and guests and to ensure prompt, efficient, and knowledgeable service.
- Hold daily service meetings for servers. Topics of discussion should be ongoing training information, additions to the menu for that shift, and a general inspection of employee readiness for the day.
- Test employees with service exams regularly as part of ongoing training.
- Help develop Food & Beverage standards of service and training programs for all new employees.
- Handle personnel problems as they arise in food and beverage and report to the Food and Beverage Director.
- Handle member problems as they arise, professionally as possible, and/or report to Food and Beverage Director.
- Assist with annual performance reviews of employees.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing prospective employees.
- Attend all relevant operational meetings.
- Complete daily/weekly reports as required.
- Utilizes manager and financial tools consistently and promptly.
- Possess excellent leadership qualities.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize by changing circumstances.
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits Packages
- Unlimited Growth Opportunities
- Must possess strong knowledge of food, methods of food preparation, alcoholic beverages, and trends in both food and alcoholic beverages and be able to help develop menus from this knowledge
- Trust, honesty, integrity, and a true passion for customer satisfaction
- Must have the ability to compose and express thoughts clearly and understandably to ensure effective communications
- A true desire to mentor and develop others
- Must have sufficient mathematical skills to prepare forecasts, budgets, and reports, calculate food, beverage, and labor costs, etc.
- Minimum of Three years working in a Food & Beverage Environment
Meet Your Recruiter
Offering over 30 years of industry specific experience in upscale and luxury hotels both in a resort setting and city market, Chris brings expert insight to his clients by truly understanding their needs in order to match them with the right candidate.
Chris held Executive Committee status at several locations and has a solid understanding of what is expected from the various disciplines within hospitality. His years of service in this industry has also left him with a large network of contacts and connections. Chris has the demonstrated ability to find the perfect candidate by uncovering the ‘why’ behind his clients true needs. His talents encompass coaching for success, interviewing, negotiating, relationship building, and problem solving skills. Chris thrives on the success of finding the ‘perfect match’ for both his client and the talented hospitality professionals he works with.