Assistant Director of Front Office
Dana Point, CA 92629
Assistant Director of Front Office - Upscale/Luxury
The Front Office provides one of the first impressions for resort guests from valet, door and lobby staff, concierge and check-in. Plan, budget, staff, payroll and operations are part of the day-to-day. Your leadership and support set the tone to the FO Team and you set the expectation of the resort’s culture. You may act as the MOD at times.
- 4 years of Luxury hotel/resort experience required.
- At least 2 of those years in a supervisory/management role.
- Must have high-level knowledge and experience of hotel operations, PMS systems, guest policy, reservation management, housekeeping, concierge, valet, scheduling, cross-training, etc.
- Knowledge of and experience with inventory management and payroll.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written in the primary language used in the workplace.
- Supervise staff and follow company policies in holding any subordinate staff accountable.
- Must be able to use current technologies and have basic computer skills to analyze all data concerning revenues, costs, prepare/read budgets, department P&L.
- General knowledge of basic management that involves planning, HR, leadership, food production, effective scheduling and people skills, and use critical thinking in order to coordinate these in the day-to-day and to find solutions to everyday issues.
- Job requires standing and walking for extended periods of time and hours vary. Bending, stooping, twisting, squatting, stretching, etc will also be required.
- Interview, select, train, supervise, schedule, counsel and discipline staff unit efficiency. Communication via pre-shift meetings, monthly meetings, one-on-ones must be held consistently.
- Ensure Luxury Standards are being executed.
- Guest service is paramount by being present and interacting with a positive, genuine demeanor with guests and promote hotel facilities and services.
- Inspections are required daily to ensure proper grooming of staff, cleanliness, preventive maintenance, temperature, lighting, music, etc.
- Develop or comply with procedures that ensure profitability while enhancing guest service.
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
David started his hospitality career at the tender age of fifteen working in a restaurant as a porter and dishwasher. His first manager taught him the importance of hard work and doing the job right the first time. Fast forward several decades later, David has carried that mantra with him throughout his career and worked in some of the finest restaurants, hotels, resorts and country clubs in the United States in several management and director positions.
Since that first job, David worked almost every position possible in a restaurant from cook to bartender to supervisor. After college, David was hired by Marriott Hotels & Resorts and successfully completed their renowned training program. He began his professional management career as a restaurant manager in a very high-volume airport property. From there, David’s career continued with companies such as Wyndham International, Starwood Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts as well as two Platinum Clubs of America. David’s experience included downtown, airport and suburban hotels as well as conference centers, resorts, city clubs and country clubs.
David has been a certified trainer, a certified food & beverage executive, certified in food service management through Cornell University and a member of the CMAA.
Becoming a franchise partner with Gecko Hospitality just seemed like the right thing to do after dedicating so many years to the operations side of the business. David has always been in the service industry and now wants to serve his candidates and clients by “connecting people and changing lives, one career at a time”. David lives in San Clemente with his wife Rose, son Peter and Dakota, their one of a kind dog. They enjoy traveling, dining, hiking and just chillin’ by the beach.