Assistant General Manager
South Burlington, VT 05403 US
We are seeking an Assistant General Manager for our 300-room full-service branded hotel in beautiful Burlington, Vermont. Known as a premier location for meetings, events, and travelers, our hotel offers guests a quality experience when visiting Vermont. The hotel has started a $16 million dollar renovation to include all 30,000 square feet of event space, guest rooms, public areas, and more! This is a unique opportunity to join a growing and seasoned hospitality team. Ideal Assistant General Manager candidates will possess strong front office, housekeeping, and rooms management experience. Exceptional food and beverage experience, sales and marketing, financial acumen, and superior leadership skills are all traits we are seeking in our Assistant General Manager.
- Assist the General Manager in recruiting, onboarding, and training of new associates
- Support the property culture of service excellence
- Schedule and lead the front office associates
- Schedule and lead the food and beverage associates
- Provide support and leadership to the Executive Housekeeper and Housekeeping team
- Assist the General Manager with account payable processing
- Actively participate in the revenue management process
- Assist the General Manager with forecasting revenue and expenses
- Daily property inspections
- Ensure excellent communication lines between Front Office, Sales, Housekeeping, and Engineering departments
- A minimum of 3-5 years of full-service branded hotel management experience
- Strong and comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage operations, rooms, sales and marketing, and hotel operations
- Understanding of hotel housekeeping operations
- Food and Beverage experience is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed leadership skills
- Hospitality or business management degree is preferred
- Competitive Base Salary + Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) w/ Matching
- Paid Vacation
- Temporary Housing
Meet Your Recruiter
Eric Johnson, CCM
Eric Johnson, CCM is a private club specialist with more than two decades of experience in private clubs and hospitality management. Eric specializes in building successful teams to provide unique experiences. He is excited to bring his private club experience and knowledge to his new position as Executive Hospitality Recruiter with Gecko Hospitality, specializing in private club recruitment in the Northeast, USA.
Eric’s most recent position was as the Club Manager at the Locust Hill Country Club in Pittsford, NY and earlier as General Manager and Chief Operating Officer at Skaneateles Country Club in Skaneateles, NY. Eric is a native of Michigan, a graduate of Purdue University School of Hospitality, and began his professional management career with KemperSports Management, with whom he held various food and beverage leadership positions at clubs in Chicago, Maryland, and Colorado.
Eric resides in Western New York with his wife and three children and enjoys spending his free time reading, golfing and exploring the outdoors.