Assistant Restaurant Manager - 1770812
Temecula, CA 92591 US
We are a premier vineyard winery nestled in the heart of Temecula, complete with an on-site hotel and gourmet restaurants. We pride ourselves on producing world-class wines, delivering exceptional hospitality, and creating unforgettable experiences for all our guests. We are searching for a dynamic and experienced Assistant Restaurant Manager to assist with elevating service and fine-tuning operations. This role is vital to ensure our food and beverage offerings exceed guest expectations and that operations align with our high standards of quality and service.
- Operational Supervision:
- Oversee daily activities in our dining areas, including specialty venues and casual dining options.
- Guest Relations:
- Proactively handle guest complaints and feedback.
- Ensure all interactions are conducted with attention to detail and a focus on guest satisfaction.
- Staff Management:
- Supervise front-of-house teams, ensuring all food products are prepared and served as per the Executive Chef’s standards.
- Maintain a positive, team-oriented work environment.
- Training and Development:
- Assist in the training and coaching of associates.
- Provide feedback and counsel as needed to ensure a high level of service.
- Administrative Duties:
- Manage staff scheduling according to labor budget and occupancy needs.
- Oversee the daily MOD report and ensure compliance with food safety practices.
- Inventory Management:
- Coordinate with leadership to ensure essential stock levels are maintained.
- Regularly review and update inventory orders.
- Standards and Compliance:
- Uphold all federal, state, county, and municipal regulations regarding health, safety, and labor.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s values and service standards.
- Proven experience (minimum 2 years) in a supervisory role within the hospitality or restaurant industry.
- Strong understanding of food safety and sanitation regulations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to make sound decisions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be energetic, take initiative, and have a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Candidates who are passionate about providing exceptional guest experiences and thrive in a fast-paced environment are encouraged to apply.
- Compensation: $70K-$75K
- 401(k) with matching
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Professional development opportunities
Meet Your Recruiter
David grew up in Michigan and started his hospitality career at the tender age of fifteen working in a restaurant as a porter and dishwasher. His first manager taught him the importance of hard work and doing the job right the first time. Fast forward several decades later, David has carried that mantra with him throughout his career and worked in some of the finest restaurants, hotels, resorts and country clubs in the United States in several management and director positions.
Since that first job, David worked almost every position possible in a restaurant from cook to bartender to supervisor. After college, David was hired by Marriott Hotels & Resorts and successfully completed their renowned training program. He began his professional management career as a restaurant manager in a very high-volume airport property. From there, David’s career continued with companies such as Wyndham International, Starwood Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts as well as two Platinum Clubs of America. David’s experience includes downtown, airport and suburban hotels as well as conference centers, resorts, city clubs and country clubs.
David has been a certified trainer, a certified food & beverage executive, certified in food service management through Cornell University and a member of the CMAA.
Becoming a franchise partner with Gecko Hospitality just seemed like the right thing to do after dedicating so many years to the operations side of the business. David has always been in the service industry and now wants to serve his candidates and clients by “connecting people and changing lives, one career at a time”. David lives in San Clemente with his wife Rose, son Peter, and Dakota, their one of a kind dog. They enjoy traveling, summer vacation ‘up north’, dining, hiking and just chillin’ by the beach.