Back of House Manager
Charlotte, NC 28204
Kitchen Manager, Sous Chef, Chef, BOH Mgr and Culinary Manager
College Graduates and Entry Level Candidates Need Apply!
Take your career to the next level! Put your passion to work for one of Charlotte most respected up and coming Casual Restaurant. Learn from the best restaurant management team in the industry. Launch your career to a new level, with potential to move laterally within this outstanding company culture is certainly available for an A-player!
Rapid advancement is available for top performers looking to take on additional responsibility, but all openings start off at entry-level. The stages of advancement are clearly outlined and are dependent on results, not seniority, experience, education, or office politics. Looking for top performers who display a desire to learn and grow.
As a Kitchen Manager, Sous Chef, Chef, BOH Mgr and Culinary Manager, you will:
- Customer-Service: Kitchen Managers and Chefs might have to interact with customers. Looking for friendly and courteous personalities.
- Attention to Detail: Kitchen Managers and Chef must have an eye for the details: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Leadership: Kitchen Managers and Chefs must be leaders in the back of house, rallying their team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Management Skills: Kitchen Managers and Chef not only deal with food; they also have to deal with costs, pricing, creating work schedules and more.
- Organizational Skills: Keeping work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules and more organized is crucial to the job.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Dealing with employee conflict, irate customers and wrong stock orders is part of a kitchen managers and chefs’ job. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
- Speaking Skills: Kitchen Managers and Chefs need to accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
- Stamina: Kitchen Managers and Chefs can expect long days around hot cooking elements, much of it on their feet
As a leader on our Restaurant Management Team, you will be eligible for many benefits including our vacation plan, health insurance package, 401K plans, bonus program, dining discounts, comprehensive training program and ongoing leadership training.
- All applicants must be 18+ years of age & eligible to work in the USA
- All applicants must be able to pass a background test
- All applicants must have reliable transportation on a daily basis
- No sales or management experience is required, but experience in retail sales, customer service, hospitality, sport, teamwork, leadership or similar can be helpful
- A Hospitality and/or Culinary Degree required
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION, SEND YOUR RESUME TODAY!
If you would like to be considered for this Restaurant Manager position, email your resume to eric@geckohospitality.Com
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Eric Garland began his twenty year career in the hospitality industry while attending college. His career started as a Bellman with the Garden Plaza Hotel and he was quickly promoted to Front Office Manager soon after graduating. He enjoyed being involved in the renovation and conversion of the Garden Plaza to Doubletree by Hilton. He earned several Hilton certifications including System 21/On Q and Revenue Manager. Eric accelerated his career with some of the top brands in the hotel industry, advancing through the ranks as an Executive Housekeeper, Director of Sales, Assistant General Manager and then rapidly to General Manager! He enjoyed moving up with the companies and making great contributions. Recruiting for hotels is natural for Eric!