Business Development Manager – Non-Traditional Restaurant
Los Angeles, California 90013 Los Angeles, CA 90013
Business Development Manager
Apply Now - Expanding Company
Our first restaurant opened up with one mission in mind: providing underserved areas in Southern California with access to healthier dining options at affordable prices. We created a concept and menu with no fried food, no preservatives, refined grains, or any artificial flavoring. Each meal that is bought goes towards helping areas under-served with healthy dining options. Our passion to help others has garnered national attention and investment, and we are ready to expand in the area. We currently have several locations open now, 3 under construction, and our goal is to have over dozen restaurants open in the next 12 months.
Job Description: The purpose of this Business Development Manager role is to shape and drive the Non-Traditional business growth strategy across the US. He/She will work to expand on existing partner relationships with new restaurant development and portfolio enhancement along with performing strategic analysis for non-traditional development for our company. The Business Development Manager will also analyze non-traditional channels (i.e. airports, colleges, casinos, etc.) for new business opportunities. The ability to manage the coordination of non-traditional development processes is a vital part of the Business Development Manager position. This includes site selection & approval, contracts & permits, construction, market planning, and the opening of our establishments. This position includes moderate travel for various networking events, industry research, and trade shows.
- Minimum of 5 years of Non-Traditional Restaurant Business Development experience with demonstrated new unit openings, organizational impact and increasing responsibility in related areas.
- Experience in multi-unit restaurant/retail industry preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Marketing, Business or related field required; an MBA or Master’s is preferred
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with strong/advanced PowerPoint skills; knowledge of GIS analytics and real estate related tools is a plus
- Strong experience with development including site analysis/selection, real estate contract negotiations, construction management, and facilities management
- Outstanding oral, written, and verbal communication skills and has the ability to communication with individuals at various levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and independently, handling multiple projects at once
Rob Dallaire, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Rob Dallaire attended MSU where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Management. Throughout Rob's management career, he has been fortunate enough to work for some top level companies in the industry such as Houston's, Champps, Hard Rock Cafe, and PF Chang's / Pei Wei. Rob made the transition over to the recruiting side of the business with Gecko Hospitality in 2005. Rob is responsible for the Southern California area for Gecko Hospitality. When not working, Rob likes to spend as much time as possible being outside enjoying the lifestyle that Southern California offers, spending time with his 3 daughters. Rob is big MI State and Detroit sports fan.