1741 Business Center Drive, Suite 200 Va State Univ, VA 23806 US
The Catering Director will work closely with the Chef to assure creative food presentation and quality. The Catering Director will help with the training of all front of the house service associates, including proper serving techniques, garnishing techniques, and service formats. With catering comes a tremendous amount of visibility. Therefore public relations and marketing will also be the Catering Directors responsibility.
Client and Customer Satisfaction/Relations
- Maintain client satisfaction at a level that ensures account retention.
- Ensure that all associates demonstrate an aggressive hospitality (respect) toward customers and clients.
- Ensure that client communications is effective in all areas.
- Follow up to customer/client/associate surveys.
- Conduct client/administration tours of facilities.
- Respond to all catered events in writing describing pricing and services available.
Program Quality and Standards
- Encourage associate creativity and innovation within agreed upon company standards.
- Responsible for implementation and effectiveness of programs are in compliance with company standards.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Provide recognition for associates when programs are implemented with success.
Business Growth and Marketing
- Increase catering revenue and operating profit contribution by implementing and building services and creating other opportunities for growth.
- Maintain an awareness of the competition and market conditions internal and external to the facility.
- Promote and leverage the company name and resources to maximum advantage throughout the unit.
- Assist in and develop a business plan and budget for the catering operation.
- Control expenses within the catering department.
- Responsible for the attainment of financial goals for the catering operation.
- Involved with sales survey pricing of business as required.
- Monitor and implements cash collections of all billed parties.
- Prepare weekly report of all catered events.
- Responsible for productivity and staffing that is appropriate for catering needs.
Leadership and Managerial Skills
- Demonstrate and promote the company culture, values and management philosophy.
- Promote teamwork within the unit.
- Recognize the need for and demonstrate good communication and listening skills with clients, customers and associates.
- Visit other units on a selective basis to ensure that a sharing and exchange of ideas and experiences occurs.
- Represent the company professionally and ethically at all times.
- Follow the principles of Management By Walking Around to maintain contact with clients, customers and associates.
- High school degree is required.
- BA/BS in Foodservice or Culinary Management preferred.
- A minimum of three to five (3-5) years of experience in hospitality industry including two (2) years in management (preferably Catering Management) is required
- Previous experience working at a college/university is preferred
- Booking, selecting and costing menu items, pricing contracts, and resourcing temporary help and equipment experience is key
- The ability to supervise food preparation, service and clean up is also essential
- ServSafe Certification a plus
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k), matched up to 4%
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Pet Insurance
- Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets, Restaurants
$70K - $78K range
Presented by Garrett Moyer with Gecko Hospitality
Please send your resume by return e mail