Chief Engineer - Select Service Property
Fort Worth, TX 76119
Our client is looking for an experienced, energetic, hands-on Chief Engineer to join our management team. Under the direction of the hotel General Manager, the Chief Engineer is responsible for maintaining all equipment, systems, and building components, including, but not limited to, mechanical and electrical systems, pumps, HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, computer systems, locks, furniture, paint, and wall coverings.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages property’s preventative maintenance program.
- Implements and maintains cost controls to reduce expenses, energy usage, and waste.
- Maintains oversight of outside contractors and vendors who are performing maintenance related duties on the property.
- Assesses, repairs and maintains all operating equipment, including, but not limited to all pumps, motors, boilers, chillers, etc.
- Assesses, repairs and maintains:
- all electrical systems, refrigeration systems, and equipment.
- all hotel lighting and related equipment systems.
- all plumbing and related equipment and systems.
- all hotel appliances and equipment.
- all guest room furnishings and equipment.
- Assesses, repairs and maintains lock and key system.
- Performs necessary inspections and repairs to kitchen and restaurant equipment and furnishings.
- Performs minor construction work.
- Any other related duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Manages engineering staff.
- Prepares weekly labor schedules, to adhere to the property’s budget and staffing guidelines.
- Uses hotel’s purchasing procedures to maintain par stocks of essential parts and products used for operating, repairing and maintaining the hotel.
- Maintains departmental documentation.
- Completes annual performance evaluations.
- Conducts on-the-job training in specific technical areas, safety and security, and standard operating procedures.
- Holds monthly departmental meetings.
College graduate, high school diploma or general education degree and minimum of 5 years of related experience and/or training in a hotel environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. HVAC, boiler, CPO, plumbing and/or electrical certification desired, or the ability to obtain certification as required.
Five years of hotel maintenance/engineering experience with two years of management experience.
Must be detail-oriented, have the ability to understand written and verbal instructions and to communicate effectively. Must manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, and be able to think quickly to problem-solve with employees and guests.
Ability to lift, push and pull up to 100 pounds
Chris Jensen, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
Christopher Jensen is the Hospitality Franchise partner for North Texas. Christopher partners directly with Hotels, Resorts, and Country Clubs throughout North Texas. Christopher has experience recruiting for a variety of positions including President/COO, General Manager, Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Sales, and Assistant General Manager, just to name a few.
Before joining forces with Gecko, Christopher spent over 20 years working in the Hospitality Industry. During his tenure with Gecko, Christopher has taken his extensive industry knowledge along with his professional, yet highly competitive mindset and has successfully put it to work for multiple clients.
“When it comes to partnering with clients, I like to visit with them on-site and in-person. This gives me the opportunity to meet the team and learn the culture. Armed with this knowledge, I apply a finely tuned process to ensure that I am only sending candidates that the client wants to hire.”