San Francisco, CA 94104
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, adjacent to California's Great America theme park, Levi's Stadium, and close to the Santa Clara Convention Center. The hotel provides the perfect base to discover Santa Clara attractions and conduct business.
The Chief Engineer is responsible for leading a team of 5 maintenance/engineering staff members and providing service to the guests while maintaining the operations of the building.
- Responsible for overall operations of maintenance/engineering department including recruiting, training and development, payroll, department labor budget and hotel capital budget.
- Responsible for compliance of hotels internal and external audits related to: Safety & Security, Quality Assurance, Fire Inspections, Hotel Major Equipments, OSHA and ADA
- Responsible for overseeing capital construction and major maintenance projects.
- Responsible to maintain and refine the preventive maintenance program.
- Responsible for establishing relationship with vendors and monitor vendors to assure quality, delivery, warranties, upgrades, etc are consistently utilized. Work closely with vendors to assure proper pricing, delivery and maintenance.
- Responsible for obtaining competitive bids for all supplies and work orders.
- Responsible for Safety Committee Monthly Meeting and Training
- Responsible for training Hotels Safety and Security procedures to Managers, MOD and Security Staff.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as Chief Engineer / Director of Engineering in a 250-350 room hotel property.
- Experience managing team members in a union environment •
- Technical knowledge: electrical, plumbing, HVAC, boilers, swimming pool certified and refrigeration.
- Advanced benefits compared to other properties
- Fun additional perks within the brand!
Senior Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
David Farah is a Senior Executive Recruiter for Gecko Hospitality with over 15 years of experience in the Hospitality and Restaurant Industry. Before joining Gecko Hospitality, David was Senior Director of Recruiting for global celebrity Chef Michael Mina’s restaurant group. As the Senior Director of Recruiting, David was responsible for all staffing at over fifty restaurants with sales over 250 million dollars.
David began his restaurant management career with Hillstone Restaurant Group in both Napa Valley and Atlanta. He then joined Eureka! Restaurant Group as General Manager of the flagship where Farah led and developed management training for the company’s successful expansion while setting the benchmark for company profit percentages.
Several years later, Farah joined Four Seasons Hotel in Silicon Valley as the youngest Senior Food & Beverage Department Head in the Americas. Within twenty-four months, the department was ranked number one in the Americas for guest service, satisfaction, and profit. After marrying the love of his life, Judee, David was asked to lead the opening staffing team for Apple Inc’s new one-billion-dollar global headquarters in Cupertino, California.
Throughout his career, Farah has always believed in the power of the human spirit to improve, learn, and develop continuously. Partnered in this belief, is his intention to always offer others the opportunity to strive for greatness and pursue their passions.