Las Vegas, NV 89123 US
This person will be in charge of culinary production for restaurants, commissary, multi-course tastings, events, and general research and development
- Menu development, food purchase specifications, and recipes
- Supervise all kitchen managers including assistant kitchen managers
- Monitor food and labor budgets for each department
- Maintain professional food quality and sanitations standards in compliance with local health regulations
- Ensure the highest standard of sanitation, cleanliness and safety is maintained at all times.
- Menu planning for restaurants, specialty events, festivals, monthly specials and PR opportunities.
- Coordinate the work of kitchen employees to assure food preparation is economically and technically correct within budget goals.
- Streamline commissary procedures to save on food and labor cost while increasing productivity and quality of food staples.
- Establish and maintain controls to minimize food waste.
- Develop and maintain standard recipes and procedures for food preparation and presentation.
- Work alongside and reporting to the Director of Operations and owners to provide necessary data for applicable parts of the budget and monitor actual financial results.
- Attend food and beverage staff and management meetings.
- Develop pars to assist kitchen managers in maintaining proper inventory levels and creating food ordering systems.
- Evaluate vendor options and pricing, constantly striving to purchase the best quality food items at the most reasonable price.
- Order products frequently for the different locations, including food, liquor, and merchandise.
- Motivate and develop staff, including cross- training and promotion of personnel alongside training/development.
- Responsible for overseeing maintenance
- Continual improvement of best practices
- Create monthly special items.
- Handle emergency situations as they arise at the stores
- Perform kitchen audits
- Responsible for all 7 locations including out of state
- Must have a current Food Handlers Safety Card and ServSafe
- Ability to perform quickly and efficiently in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to lead and communicate clearly with managers and kitchen personal
- Minimum of 5 years’ kitchen manager experience preferred
- Ability to climb, reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for up to 10 hours in hot, wet, humid and loud environments and work 50-55 hours per week (including nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Must have experience using R365