Controller / Accounting Director - Restaurant Company
1440 Plaza Dr, West Covina, CA 91790 West Covina, CA 91790 US
Controller / Accounting Director
Growing Restaurant Group
Our Controller/Accounting Director will work to build and regularly update our Store Level P&L statements. The person in this Controller/Accounting Director role will oversee the relationships between our company and the outsourcing services we use for accounting and payroll. The Controller/Accounting Director will also oversee monthly closing processes and financial statement preparation. He/she will monitor compliance with company accounting, risk, and operational policies/procedures along with security procedures to make sure any deviation is brought to the attention of appropriate Management. This individual should have experience integrating with POS systems (Square and Toast experience a plus). It is preferred for the person in this Controller/Accounting Director role to have prior Accounting and Finance background with a Restaurant or Hospitality concept. We are seeking someone who will thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and has experience building systems and structures with growing companies. This person will be the liaison between our company and audit firm for any external tax matters or external audits.
- Minimum of 3-5 years current experience in a Controller/Accounting Director role; financial experience in the restaurant industry strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Technical Field. MBA strongly preferred
- Prior experience with building structured systems in a growing company a plus
- Outstanding analytical and decision making skills
- Experience working with external audit and accounting firms
- Thorough knowledge of applicable financial laws, regulations and reporting requirements
- Outstanding oral, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft applications and have advanced Excel and database experience
- Proven leader with strong global networking, teamwork and communication skills
Apply Today – Controller/Accounting Director in West Covina, California!
Rob Dallaire, CPC
Rob Dallaire attended MSU where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Management. Throughout Rob's management career, he has been fortunate enough to work for some top level companies in the industry such as Houston's, Champps, Hard Rock Cafe, and PF Chang's / Pei Wei. Rob made the transition over to the recruiting side of the business with Gecko Hospitality in 2005. Rob is responsible for the Southern California area for Gecko Hospitality. When not working, Rob likes to spend as much time as possible being outside enjoying the lifestyle that Southern California offers, spending time with his 3 daughters. Rob is big MI State and Detroit sports fan.