Culinary Manager - Monday - Friday ONLY
The Role: As Culinary Manager, you will support the Culinary Director in propelling a variety of Infuse’s innovative/fast casual, coffee, bar, and restaurant concepts to the next level. You will also support the teams across the country in following best practices to meet our high culinary standards and exceed cost targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Menu and concept development for current and new accounts
- Write recipes/line builds/cheat sheets using company formats
- Create zoning standards and maps
- Quality control of food preparation and completed dishes
- Ensures food prep and service are up to company standards
- Ensures food coming in from vendors is up to company standards
- Works with teams onsite to hone best practices, knife cuts, following recipes, storage and sanitation, etc.
- Provide teams with positive and constructive feedback in a supportive way
- Works with the culinary director for training of new location cooks/chef/FOH team members
- Learns the costing and inventory system to be able to create inventory sheets and cost menu items
Qualifications and Expectations
- Must be able to read and complete recipes to time and quality standards
- Ability to create and complete prep lists per company standards
- Ability to create and complete order guides per company standards
- Comfortable speaking with vendors about product availability, ordering/delivery terms, pricing.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team to succeed through strong food and beverage outcomes
- Ability to speak to groups about recipes, food prep steps, flavor profiles
- Ability to use google drive (sheets, docs, etc.)
- Ability to complete inventory counts accurately and diagnose variance from theoretical inventory
- Ability to follow food and labor cost budgets
- 3 years minimum experience as a sous chef, executive chef, or similar
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to travel outside of the Chicagoland area to support external accounts (max 25%)
Gecko Hospitality Illinois
Gecko Hospitality is a North American recruiting firm specializing in the placement of hospitality professionals in the club, casino, hotel/resort, & restaurant industries. Our national network consists of 37 individual regional offices representing two divisions; hospitality and restaurant. Our team covers all 50 states, as well as Canada, and offers professional placement services with over 120 dedicated hospitality professionals boosting over a collective 1,250 years of experience to serve our manager candidates and clientele.