Director Of Banquets
Oneida, NY 13421 US
We are seeking a Director of Banquets for New York’s most awarded four-season resort destination. The Director of Banquets will be responsible for providing leadership, training, support and actively managing all levels of the banquet staff within the casino’s 125K sq. ft. of event and meeting space. Qualified candidates will possess the skills needed to facilitate up to 150 events a month varying from small meetings to conventions to fundraising galas to weddings. As the Director of Banquets, you will collaborate with various teams within our casino, including culinary, sales, and facilities management. This requires excellent interpersonal abilities and the ability to work well under pressure. You will also develop and lead a team of banquet staff, ensuring they are trained and motivated to always provide exceptional service.
We take pride in delivering top-notch events that leave an impression on our guests. As the Director of Banquets, you will play a significant role in achieving this goal. We are excited to welcome a driven and dynamic individual to join our team and contribute to our casino's success. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply for this position today. We look forward to reviewing your application!
- Provide leadership, training, and support and actively manage all levels of the banquet staff.
- Trains evaluates, and schedules Banquet colleagues in accordance with the standards of the company policies and guidelines.
- The ability to hire, train, motivate, discipline, direct, and supervise the work of the colleagues in the Banquet Department.
- Participate in annual financial and capex budgeting process.
- Awareness of banquet and catering industry trends of food, beverage, and service with a focus on frictionless experiences, profitability, and environmental impact.
- Review schedules for all banquet colleagues to maintain the service standards while operating within budgeted labor cost guidelines.
- Ensure proper care, security, and maintenance of hotel equipment through supervision of service personnel.
- Ensures daily housekeeping program to include storage and operational areas and colleague appearance.
- Coordinate and ensure the needs of the Catering department with the managers of interrelated departments are met timely.
- Ensures that payroll and gratuity reports are prepared accurately.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings but not limited to the following: Banquet Event Order Meetings, Preconvention Meetings, Client and Group Organizers, Entertainment Catering, Special Events – Internal and External
- Communicate with the group hosts and event organizers to review event details of the functions.
- Organize and orchestrate any last-minute changes or details to functions.
- Ensures the set-up and service of contracted functions meet guest’s expectations and standards.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in a luxury environment.
- Convention, Corporate Dining, or Casino event management experience is required.
- Management experience and oversight of a minimum of 100K sq. ft. of event and meeting space required.
- Have in-depth knowledge and functionality of Delphi.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and holidays.
- Be a self-motivator and motivator of others.
- Work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of food and preparation.
- Have in-depth knowledge of wine and spirits.
- Be able to relate to all levels of guests and management.
- Reading, writing, and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Can manage multiple tasks at one time.
- Have excellent communication and organization skills.
- Be able to consistently delight and satisfy our guests.
- Can manage guest requests in a detailed manner.
- Must have excellent attention to detail, and extensive service knowledge.
- Excellent leader and trainer.
- Strong people skills.
- Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) with matching
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Holiday Pay
- Employee Discounts / Additional Benefits
Meet Your Recruiter
Evan is an award-winning Hospitality Headhunter specializing in full-service, permanent placement recruiting for hotels, resorts, private clubs, event management companies, and private estates in the New England, New York, and New Jersey Metro markets.
Evan’s award-winning Northeast Recruiting Team creates a strategic partnership with clients and a personalized relationship with candidates throughout the search process; resulting in the “right” fit for both parties. We apply a grounded and balanced approach to recruiting, paired with an analytical method specific to our client’s needs.