Director Of Hotel Sales
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 US
Director of Sales - Hotel
Seeking a Hotel Director of Sales in the San Luis Obispo area that is very hands-on and can lead a small team to increase sales in both hotel rooms, events, and F&B. This is a great opportunity to work in one of the most beautiful areas in the coastal California wine community in a beautifully redesigned 100-room boutique hotel. Need someone with a positive, team focused, hands-on persona willing to elevate the property and go get new business. They offer great benefits, competitive salary, and a strong bonus program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- The Hotel Director of Sales develop new strategies to create business and enhance current clients, direct daily Sales Team activities to plan & organize your revenue segments.
- Mentor, motivate, and train team on policies, SOPs, & sales quotas.
- The Director of Sales will manage HR related actions to meet Company policies.
- The Hotel Director of Sales will achieve/exceed all sales goals and departmental budgets.
- Market and sales trend analysis and react to increase revenue and market share via volume & rate.
- Find new revenue via strategic outbound sales efforts & conduct calls to key accounts/prospects for Business Transient, Group, and Catering.
- The Director of Sales will partner with the Corporate Rev Management team for strategy & maximize revenue.
- Partner with local competition, local community, local government entities and CVB and maintain positive relationships.
- The Hotel Director of Sales will provide support and coaching for team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction and ensure they reach their booking goals and revenue budget.
- Train, coach & empower your team members to make profitable decisions and be a beacon of Hospitality to provide a positive example.
- The Hotel Director of Sales will execute/support all sales aspects - proposals, contracts, client communications, etc.
- As directed by Corporate DOS, execute continuous sales objectives & action plans.
- The Hotel Director of Sales will complete & submit all reports on accounts, individual, segment and tier production.
- Adhere to the Company’s guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone & use PPE as regulated by local and property guidelines.
- Must meet or beat specific revenue, sales, leadership and budgetary goals.
- The Director of Sales must be able to lead, supervise, develop, and empower the Sales Team.
- Must follow, train, and teach company policies and procedures.
- Requires working indoors, outdoors, off-property visits, tradeshows, etc.
- The Director of Sales will need at least (2) years Hotel Sales experience.
- Director of Catering experience is welcomed as well.
- Must have above-average oral and written English skills.
- Needs to be an aggressive seller, strategic planner, mentor, with hands-on leadership, and PR skills.
- Timely decision making, strong guest relations ability.
- Valid driver’s license with proof of auto liability insurance.
Compensation Range: $100K-$110K base plus 40% combined bonus potential - based on experience.
Meet Your Recruiter
David grew up in Michigan and started his hospitality career at the tender age of fifteen working in a restaurant as a porter and dishwasher. His first manager taught him the importance of hard work and doing the job right the first time. Fast forward several decades later, David has carried that mantra with him throughout his career and worked in some of the finest restaurants, hotels, resorts and country clubs in the United States in several management and director positions.
Since that first job, David worked almost every position possible in a restaurant from cook to bartender to supervisor. After college, David was hired by Marriott Hotels & Resorts and successfully completed their renowned training program. He began his professional management career as a restaurant manager in a very high-volume airport property. From there, David’s career continued with companies such as Wyndham International, Starwood Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts as well as two Platinum Clubs of America. David’s experience includes downtown, airport and suburban hotels as well as conference centers, resorts, city clubs and country clubs.
David has been a certified trainer, a certified food & beverage executive, certified in food service management through Cornell University and a member of the CMAA.
Becoming a franchise partner with Gecko Hospitality just seemed like the right thing to do after dedicating so many years to the operations side of the business. David has always been in the service industry and now wants to serve his candidates and clients by “connecting people and changing lives, one career at a time”. David lives in San Clemente with his wife Rose, son Peter, and Dakota, their one of a kind dog. They enjoy traveling, summer vacation ‘up north’, dining, hiking and just chillin’ by the beach.