Director of Banquets
Woburn, MA 01801 Woburn, MA 01801
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Director of Banquets to join our 200-room full service upscale hotel in Woburn just north of Boston. The property has undergone a significant renovation and has 8,500 sq. ft. of meeting space and a high volume, three meal period sports themed restaurant. Join our growing team at our 200-room full-service hotel located just north of Boston. We are an independent private equity real estate investment and hotel management company. We currently own and operate 9 hotels located MA, VT, VA and ME. We are on a very aggressive and targeted growth plan to develop and acquire hotels in the northeast. We are approved operators of Marriott International, IHG and Hilton Worldwide Hotels. Our team takes pride in achieving high market share in each hotels market area. We are committed to each of our properties performing in the top 10% of the brand in the area of guest satisfaction. Our senior leadership team recognizes that our company success and growth is only achieved by the contributions of our associates, our associates are the company’s most valued asset.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Banquet Department functions, in accordance with
Hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves
as a guide to respective staff to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Tips Certified
- Minimum years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 2 years’ experience as a Banquet Manager or 3 years Assistant Banquet Manager.
- Food handling certificate helpful
- Knowledge of various food service styles
- Knowledge of specific room set-up styles.
- Knowledge of organizing service from information on B.E.O.'s.
- Knowledge of Poise
- Knowledge of staffing guidelines/requirements for various types of banquet functions.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
- Familiarity with Sales and Marketing tools for Banquets
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever
time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- A good understanding of the hotel business and its 24 hour 7 days a week operation.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Banquet Management: 2 years (Required)
- Knowledge of Delphi Systems – (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary DOE
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Jason Cotter is Gecko Hospitality’s Executive Recruiter covering all of New England (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI & VT) within the Hospitality Division. Jason joined Gecko Hospitality after a successful 17-year career in the Food and Beverage Industry working in restaurants, hotels and resorts. A proven operator and leader, Jason brings an extensive food and beverage background to Hospitality Recruiting.
Prior to joining Gecko Hospitality, Jason was the Director of Food & Beverage at the Harbor View Hotel on Martha’s Vineyard. An iconic property dating back to 1891 and is the largest resort on the Island. Overseeing all aspects of the food and beverage department, Jason was able to create a great impact while creating a new energized culture during his task force tenure at the property. The hotel also prides itself in its achievement as “Best Hotel, Cape Cod” multiple times.
Jason held various key leadership roles with The Riverside Hotel, another vibrant historical property dating back to 1936. With two award winning restaurant concept openings on property over an eight-year span. His final role with The Riverside Hotel was the Director of Food & Beverage which over saw the entire front and back of house operations as well as all catering functions for the department. While with Riverside Hotel, Jason received multiple awards including the President’s Award from the hotel and was also named one of the area’s top 30 under 30 up and coming influential leaders. Jason developed two new restaurant concepts on property as well as scaling the hotel catering department from an original 10,000sqft of meeting space to 24,000sqft of meeting space and has a knack for space development and outlet openings.
Jason started his career at a young age working with the Emeril’s Restaurant Group in both Orlando and Miami locations. Working his way up the ladder over a 5 year period from all cook positions to Jason ultimately departing Emeril’s holding the position of Assistant General Manager and Sommelier.
Jason applies a grounded and balanced approach, paired with an analytical method specific to his client’s needs. Jason takes pleasure in matching what’s important to his clients, with what’s important to his candidates – to find the perfect match!