Director of Banquets
Woburn, MA 01801
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Director of Banquets to join our 200-room full service upscale hotel in Woburn just north of Boston. The property has undergone a significant renovation and has 8,500 sq. ft. of meeting space and a high volume, three meal period sports themed restaurant. Join our growing team at our 200-room full-service hotel located just north of Boston. We are an independent private equity real estate investment and hotel management company. We currently own and operate 9 hotels located MA, VT, VA and ME. We are on a very aggressive and targeted growth plan to develop and acquire hotels in the northeast. We are approved operators of Marriott International, IHG and Hilton Worldwide Hotels. Our team takes pride in achieving high market share in each hotels market area. We are committed to each of our properties performing in the top 10% of the brand in the area of guest satisfaction. Our senior leadership team recognizes that our company success and growth is only achieved by the contributions of our associates, our associates are the company’s most valued asset.
Responsible for the management of all aspects of the Banquet Department functions, in accordance with
Hotel standards. Directs, implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which serves
as a guide to respective staff to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
- Tips Certified
- Minimum years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 2 years’ experience as a Banquet Manager or 3 years Assistant Banquet Manager.
- Food handling certificate helpful
- Knowledge of various food service styles
- Knowledge of specific room set-up styles.
- Knowledge of organizing service from information on B.E.O.'s.
- Knowledge of Poise
- Knowledge of staffing guidelines/requirements for various types of banquet functions.
- Fluency in English both verbal and non-verbal.
- Compute basic arithmetic.
- Familiarity with food and beverage cost controls.
- Familiarity with Sales and Marketing tools for Banquets
- Ability to:
- perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- prioritize and organize.
- be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgement.
- follow directions thoroughly.
- understand guest’s service needs.
- work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- work with minimal supervision.
- maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- ascertain departmental training needs and provide such training.
- direct performance of staff and follow up with corrections when needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever
time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Be familiar with all Hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
6. A good understanding of the hotel business and its 24 hour 7 days a week operation.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Banquet Management: 2 years (Required)
- Knowledge of Delphi Systems – (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Salary DOE
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Employee discounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
Evan Kaplan, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
I am Gecko Hospitality’s Partner for the New England market (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI & VT) within the Hospitality Division and I specialize in permanent placement recruiting for hotels, resorts, country clubs and casinos. I joined Gecko Hospitality after a successful 20-year career in food & beverage executive level operations within various Four Diamond AAA resort hotels, Five-Star Platinum country clubs and nationally acclaimed restaurants. An extensive hospitality operational background paired with an award-winning recruiting experience adds significant value for our clients and candidates.
I am THE expert in multiple full-service hospitality recruiting segments and specialize in partnering with hotels, resorts and country clubs. I seek to create a strategic partnership with clients and a personalized relationship with candidates throughout the search process; resulting in the “right” fit for both parties.
I apply a grounded and balanced approach to recruiting, paired with an analytical method specific to our client’s needs. I take pleasure in matching what’s important to our clients, with what’s important to our candidates – to find the perfect match!