Director of Catering Operations
1730 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103 Philadelphia, PA 19103
Director of Catering Operations
Immediate Need - Apply Today
For over 70 years our name has been an integral part of the area. If you’re looking for quality food for any occasion, we’ve been the go-to for generations. We feature high quality, unique twists to your favorites without the hassle. In the past few years, we have grown to several locations throughout the region to make it even easier for our customers in the suburbs to enjoy our products.
Job Title: Director of Catering Operations
Description: Our Director of Catering Operations will oversee our entire Catering Department. He/She will work closely with the Director of Catering Sales and manage the responsibility of ensuring financial results for the department. The Director of Catering Operations will train and manage department personnel and supervise/coordinate all related operational activities. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that we exceed our customers' expectations. The ability to develop Hourly employees and Managers is a vital part of this Director of Catering Operations position.
- Aggressive Compensation
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- On-Going Performance Evaluations
- Medical, Dental And Vision Benefits
- Paid Holidays And Vacation
- 401(k) Plan With Company Match
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Director-level Catering Management experience
- High volume background; must have experience with Catering in Full Service Restaurants doing over $2 million per year in sales
- Director of Catering Operations must have Outstanding leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Director of Catering Operations will be Hands-on hiring, training, and developing hourly employees
- Director of Catering Operations must demonstrate the ability to build a steady client base and interact with the community
- Outside sales experience required
- Director of Catering Operations must have strong knowledge of the Philadelphia market and extensive contacts to drive Catering Sales
Apply Now - Director of Catering Operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania!
Marty Tarabar , CPC
Marty Tarabar is a Gecko Hospitality Franchise Partner for 7 states. After 13 plus years of experience as a partner with Gecko Hospitality, Marty has really honed his skills to find the best possible position for each of the great candidates he works with. He has brought on, trained and developed a strong team of recruiters to support his franchise territories.
Marty started in the business very young and from the ground up. Dishwashing at the local diner was his way of financing his many travels. As a Boy Scout, Marty traveled to Japan, Israel and across the United States twice before the age of 17. Since then Marty has worked for Bennigan's, The Office and Charlie Brown's, TGI Friday's and Applebee's as a General Manager, Training General Manager and a District Manager. Marty also worked as a Food Service Manager for Genuardi Family Markets, a division of Safeway and was a guest speaker at the National Home Meal Replacement Seminar.
After many years on the road, Marty and his wife, Jill, settled in beautiful Bucks County, Pennsylvania, where they are enjoying the life of empty nesters. Their son, Jacob, works for Marty and handles the states of Arkansas and Delaware. Daughter, Dayna, has joined as a recruiter assistant for Colorado.
Now that he has made his final career change Marty has much more time to devote to his many activities with synagogue and choir. He is a lifetime Red Cross Blood Donor (over 60 pints donated so far) and regularly volunteers his cooking skills for charitable events.