Director of Finance
South San Francisco, CA 94083
Set along the historic San Francisco Bay, our hotel is within easy reach of San Francisco Airport (SFO), downtown SF, and the greater Silicon Valley area's attractions and businesses. We’re the ideal choice for tech-savvy business travelers, meeting attendees, and vacationers alike!
The Director of Finance functions as the property's strategic financial business leader. The Director of Finance is responsible for managing the Accounting team and the financial functions of the hotel to include budgeting, forecasting, financial statement preparation, accounts receivable, accounts payable, income audit, and payroll.
- Oversees internal, external and regulatory audit processes and ensures compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Develops strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index, and market share.
- Leverages strong financial expertise, by demonstrating a thorough understanding of the lodging business (hotel operation, industry drivers, challenges, competitors, Hilton's position in the global marketplace) and assertive leadership to influence the strategic direction of the operation, unveil opportunities for growth, optimize the allocation of financial resources and drive business results.
- Focuses on maximizing the property’s top revenue line by supporting the development of revenue generating strategies for rooms and other areas of the hotel.
- Manages the bottom profit line by educating department heads on sales and profit maximization and implications of business decisions and providing analytical decision support and tools.
- Effectively manages the execution of finance and accounting responsibilities for the property including the development of the annual business plan and operating budget, forecasting, internal controls, financial analysis, cash management, balance sheet reconciliation, financial reporting, P&L accuracy, capital expenditure budget, year-end closing, and others.
- Provides strong technical expertise and direction, ensures appropriate controls are in place to manage business risks, manages through reliable systems and processes and works through own team and influences other department managers to drive results.
- Develops and retains a diverse Accounting team to provide strong functional expertise and effective financial leadership to the property and the discipline.
- Creates and sustains a work environment that focuses on fair and equitable treatment of associates.
- Develops a trusting and effective business partnership with property ownership by understanding the management contract, the owner's perspective and return on investment (ROI) expectations.
- 5-7 years of Assistant Director of Finance/Assistant Controller OR Director of Finance in a 300-500 room 3-4 star hotel property.
- Proven experience leading a team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- Ability to satisfactorily pass a credit check.
- Executive Committee incentive/bonus plan.
- Advanced benefits compared to other properties.
- Fun additional perks within the brand!
Senior Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
David Farah is a Senior Executive Recruiter for Gecko Hospitality with over 15 years of experience in the Hospitality and Restaurant Industry. Before joining Gecko Hospitality, David was Senior Director of Recruiting for global celebrity Chef Michael Mina’s restaurant group. As the Senior Director of Recruiting, David was responsible for all staffing at over fifty restaurants with sales over 250 million dollars.
David began his restaurant management career with Hillstone Restaurant Group in both Napa Valley and Atlanta. He then joined Eureka! Restaurant Group as General Manager of the flagship where Farah led and developed management training for the company’s successful expansion while setting the benchmark for company profit percentages.
Several years later, Farah joined Four Seasons Hotel in Silicon Valley as the youngest Senior Food & Beverage Department Head in the Americas. Within twenty-four months, the department was ranked number one in the Americas for guest service, satisfaction, and profit. After marrying the love of his life, Judee, David was asked to lead the opening staffing team for Apple Inc’s new one-billion-dollar global headquarters in Cupertino, California.
Throughout his career, Farah has always believed in the power of the human spirit to improve, learn, and develop continuously. Partnered in this belief, is his intention to always offer others the opportunity to strive for greatness and pursue their passions.