Director of Human Resources
Los Angeles, California 90013 Los Angeles, CA 90013
Director of Human Resources
Now Hiring in Los Angeles!
Our first restaurant opened up with one mission in mind: providing underserved areas in Southern California with access to healthier dining options at affordable prices. We created a concept and menu with no fried food, no preservatives, refined grains, or any artificial flavoring. Each meal that is bought goes towards helping areas under-served with healthy dining options. Our passion to help others has garnered national attention and investment, and we are ready to expand in the area. We currently have several locations open now, 3 under construction, and our goal is to have over dozen restaurants open in the next 12 months.
Title of Position: Director of Human Resources
Job Description: The Director of Human Resources will be responsible for providing support to our restaurants along with our HR department. He/She will actively source candidates for our restaurants, create/update job postings, write offer letter to potential employees, and work with the field to assist with on-boarding new employees. The Director of Human Resources will work within the department to assist on matters relating to benefits, compensation/payroll issues, workers’ compensation, and performance management. Ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local labor & safety laws is an essential part of this position and knowledge of these laws is required for this Director of Human Resources role.
- Minimum of 5 years of Director-level Human Resources experience
- HR Management experience in the Restaurant/Hospitality industry preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish is required for this position
- Professional certification (SHRM-CP/PHR) a plus
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of local, state, and federal laws & regulations concerning employment (discrimination, harassment, wages, etc.)
- Outstanding oral, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, from Executive-level to hourly-level
- Computer proficiency and experience in converting hard copy files into more efficient systems
Rob Dallaire, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Rob Dallaire attended MSU where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Management. Throughout Rob's management career, he has been fortunate enough to work for some top level companies in the industry such as Houston's, Champps, Hard Rock Cafe, and PF Chang's / Pei Wei. Rob made the transition over to the recruiting side of the business with Gecko Hospitality in 2005. Rob is responsible for the Southern California area for Gecko Hospitality. When not working, Rob likes to spend as much time as possible being outside enjoying the lifestyle that Southern California offers, spending time with his 3 daughters. Rob is big MI State and Detroit sports fan.