Director of Marketing
Irving, TX 75015
Director of Marketing - Focus on Social Media
Irving, Texas (Las Colinas)
The Director of Marketing | Social Media is a key leader in expanding the Company's brand stories across a variety of social media platforms. This role will lead the overall social media strategy for several brands and venues whilst optimizing engagement by delivering an authentic and unique brand voice for a variety of guest experiences. This position will focus on specific social media content strategy and support the execution of Enterprise-wide social media paid campaigns. This role will lead the team of strategists that develop plans to draw-out and communicate the essence of the Company through artful story-telling to drive external and internal engagement. All duties are to be performed in accordance with company policies, practices, and procedures.
Leads social media managers and strategist that focus on the development of social media programs and strategies from content ideas to execution (analyzing challenges/needs within social space, content and campaign optimization, platform selection necessary for the execution of plan);
- Provides leadership on content creativity and engagement, from developing of a strategic plan to tactical execution.
- Develops best-in-class creative through artful story-telling, managing development of creative assets, ensuring marketing materials are on brand and arc: high quality, engaging and deliver the Company's brand promise.
- Directs teams to utilize a variety of data and insights to better understand and analyze what engages online conversations; and uses those insights throughout the Company.
- Develops and delivers social media solutions, promotions, campaign plans, and timeline to support the business objectives of brands while proactively managing the communication of progress.
- Strategically utilizes multiple social platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, Linkcdln and Tumblr to communicate to the appropriate audience of a campaign.
- Maintains a pulse on the changes in the social media landscape and has the ability to synthesize how the evolution of social platforms should affect social strategy.
- Develops and manages the monthly campaign and other required reporting to leverage data and insights to ultimately drive brand campaign strategy.
- Oversees community management on brand channels and ensures team follows best practices.
- Partners with personnel to bring performance driven campaigns to market.
- Collaborates with team to develop, manage, and execute integrated brand campaigns.
- Works closely with partners, maintaining and growing a collaborative client/partner relationship.
- Provides professional mentoring to social media team and strategists to ensure growth in the field
- Perform all other job-related duties as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, or Business Management; or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 2 years in social media marketing and online community experience.
- At least 2 years in leading a team of social and/or community managers.
- Experience in leading social media marketing.
- Experience with the development and implementation of integrated marketing campaigns.
- Proficient in digital and social media across paid, specifically in Facebook, Twitter, lnstagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Linkedln, Snapchat and other emerging platforms.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Able to lead and mentor a team.
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Ashley Mills is the Gecko Hospitality Franchise Partner for the California Central Coast, North Texas, & Northern Florida. She and her husband, Barry, joined Gecko in 2005 and together they have truly enjoyed this exciting career. She prides herself on her ability to research the clients' needs and match them with the right candidates. Ashley also enjoys developing relationships with clients and candidates and feels a great sense of accomplishment when the perfect match is made.
Ashley graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor's Degree in Restaurant, Hotel, and Institutional Management. Ashley has worked in restaurant management for Don Pablo's and The Corner Bakery Cafe where she worked for years as a FOH Manager as well as a Catering Manager.
Ashley enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, playing tennis and golf, and cheering for her favorite sports teams.