Director of Purchasing and Supply Chain
1741 Business Center Drive, Suite 200 Reston, VA 20190 US
Are you detail oriented and pride yourself on your relationship management abilities? Can you manage a fast-paced office setting overseeing all aspects of the projects and daily operations? This role is a huge priority in the organization and supports the rest of the team. We are looking to fill this Procurement Specialist opening in Reston, VA. IMMEDIATELY and will be moving fast with the right candidate. APPLY NOW! Our team members are an invaluable resource to our organization.
Title of Position: Director of Purchasing Supply Chain
Job Description: The Director of Purchasing and Supply chain will be responsible for a numerous of processes including supply chain management, evaluating suppliers, purchase orders, purchasing goods or services, and contract negotiations.
- Reviews forecasts from operations.
- Analysis forecast against actuals and communicates with operations.
- Monitors and analyses company needs with current suppliers.
- Controls inventory levels according to forecasted.
- Coordinates Purchasing activities with Marketing in support of product launches.
- Issues and enters purchase orders into the system for raw material, semi-finished, goods, finished goods, packaging material, non-inventory equipment and materials
- Ensures signature authority is defined on all Purchase Orders.
- Follows up with suppliers and vendors on delivery date to insure on-time deliveries.
- Reviews all order confirmations for accuracy and compliance with agreed terms & conditions, quantities, prices etc.
- Audits warehouse scans against Purchase Order and Vendor invoice or confirmation, posts receiving and submits PO/invoice pouches for approval according to company guidelines.
- Communicates and corrects variances with Receiving Teams.
- Communicates discrepancies with vendors and requests credit notes.
- Files product claims with vendors in cooperation with QA department.
- Approves and submits product invoices into accounting.
- Assures all discounts are received in accordance with Vendor agreements.
- Issues purchase orders and submits to suppliers.
- Communicates shipping requirements and notifies transportation partners.
- Seeks approval for any deviation from existing routing instructions.
- Keeps arrival dates up-to-date and acts on shipment delays. Enters updated arrival and availability dates in system and communicates such dates within the organization.
- Assists with maintenance of PO, Shipment logs and similar reports.
- Assists with the recording of actual freight-in cost and landed analysis against budget.
- Assists with month-end housekeeping and reports such as in-transit reports, credit and performance trackers, and disposal and donation logs.
- Audits bar codes against remaining shelf-life requirement, queries inconsistencies with suppliers in accordance with company guidelines, and monitors received quantities ordered.
- Manages response to damage.
- Coordinates temporary storage / hold needs for product not fully released, executes required actions, and communicates status updates internally.
- Internal Warehouse Transfer Coordination: Participates in weekly stock review meetings with various stake holders and under various aspects (new item review, sales forecast, stock review, overstock, and more) and executes decisions accordingly.
- Assures stock levels at all locations within company guidelines.
- Maintains data and adjusts demand planning activities according to item marketing actions, seasonality as well as discontinuations.
- Implements and executes Quality Control procedures per company guidelines on different product categories. Marks products with quality issues as Red Flag items in IT System. Coordinates “hold” of red flag product to assure no sale occurs until fully approved. Monitors release of red flagged product once approval has occurred. Cooperates with Quality Manager to conclude on product replacement / credit requests concerning sub-standard product.
- Provides back-up support with Customized Orders.
- Participate in physical inventories as requested. Responsible for investigating discrepancies as requested.
- Sets-up new Vendor / new Items according to company policy.
- Maintains records of vendor pricing, contracts, agreements, certificates and other applicable purveyor and service provider data. Maintains shipment logs and other reference material as requested.
- Assists with record keeping and file maintenance of inbound shipment files (receiving reports, temperature loggers and similar).
- Sourcing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical and communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills with Proficiency in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree or up to 3 years of college with Business Administration majors or technical school.
- Knowledge of Culinary industry
- Procurement, Supply Chain, or other business-related degree
- **7 year(s): Procurement, construction, or project management experience
Apply now - Director of Purchasing and Supply Chain
in Reston, VA.
To be considered for this opportunity, email your resume to Tombull@Geckohospitality.com
Meet Your Recruiter
Tom Bull, CPC
Tom Bull, CPC is the senior executive recruiter for Gecko Hospitality, Virginia and DC. Tom has a big background in restaurant operations with prior experience as DO for Applebee’s.
After joining Gecko in 2010 he has successfully developed an extensive client and candidate base throughout Washington DC and Virginia. Tom has received numerous awards for top performance during his career at Gecko. He receives frequent accolades from candidates and clients for his ability to fill job orders fast.
Tom’s experience in operations and recruiting provide a solid foundation allowing him to fill some of the most challenging positions, fast. He has connections at all levels within the restaurant segment from unit managers to Senior VP level operations, in addition to Executive Chefs and similar culinary roles.
Tom’s success is built on his ability to develop strong business relationships and works ethically with a high sense of urgency.