Director of Real Estate and Development – Restaurant Group
Los Angeles, CA 90031 Los Angeles, CA 90031
Director of Real Estate & Development
Rapidly Growing Restaurant Group - Apply Now
Our first restaurant opened up with one mission in mind: providing underserved areas in Southern California with access to healthier dining options at affordable prices. We created a concept and menu with no fried food, no preservatives, refined grains, or any artificial flavoring. Each meal that is bought goes towards helping areas under-served with healthy dining options. Our passion to help others has garnered national attention and investment, and we are ready to expand in the area. We currently have several locations open now, 3 under construction, and our goal is to have over dozen restaurants open in the next 12 months.
Director of Real Estate & Development responsibilities include:
Site Selection (55%)
- Leads the creation of short and longer term real estate development and growth strategy/goals
- Active site research and visits in selected trade areas and corresponding deal negotiating in preparation for tour and site approvals by CEO and team, resulting in nearly a dozen stores over the next 12 months
- Extensive driving in preferred trade areas to identify the best sites for our concept (available or not) along with researching status of existing leases, existing tenant, etc.
- Employ market analysis including traffic counts, site access, demographics, and competitor locations
- Work directly with brokers to review all potential site submittals
- Represent our company to potential landlords, and establishes long-term working relationships with major landlords
- Represent and manage RFP process for all non-traditional real estate locations like hospitals, airports, universities, and office building amenities
- Creates and organizes preliminary construction budgets
- Collaborates with Designer/Architect and work to create all initial store layouts and flows
- Analyze proforma to determine store financial feasibility.
- Presenting potential sites to our CEO and Executive Team for preliminary approval prior to negotiating deals along with working with outside legal counsel to finalize all lease terms
- Negotiate all terms according to standardized LOI, as well as appropriate TIs, exclusivity, term, options, free rent, etc.
Site Construction (45%)
- Project manage space delivery dates with Landlords
- Manages the bidding process of new construction projects: prepares bid documents, leads walk-throughs, and ultimately awards contracts that fall within stated budget
- Oversees the timely and proper application of all permits and licenses associated with new store openings
- Drives all project timelines and schedules. Owns the critical path. Holds vendors and Designer/Architect/GC accountable to said timelines and schedules
- Leads weekly meetings with opening team: Designer/Architect/GC, operations, and marketing. Calls out milestones, and ensures successful hand-off to operations team for opening
- Works with operations team to create and manage punch list after handoff. Works to ensure every detail is complete in a timely manner
- Keeps all projects on-time and on-budget
- Competitive salary
- Healthcare, Dental, and more
- Outstanding work environment
- Retirement options
- Must have at least 5-7 years of current Director-level experience in restaurant or hospitality real estate development, acquisition and leasing
- Strong background with New Store Openings along with moving into old & new markets
- Experience working with both Corporate and Franchised Restaurants a huge plus
- Outstanding problem solving, decision making, and future strategic skills
- Must have a strong background in negotiating contracts and leases
- Excellent leadership skills and project management skills
- Knowledge of permitting, budgeting, and project management
- Strong oral, written, and verbal communication skills
Apply Today - Director of Real Estate & Development in _______, California!
Rob Dallaire, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Rob Dallaire attended MSU where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Management. Throughout Rob's management career, he has been fortunate enough to work for some top level companies in the industry such as Houston's, Champps, Hard Rock Cafe, and PF Chang's / Pei Wei. Rob made the transition over to the recruiting side of the business with Gecko Hospitality in 2005. Rob is responsible for the Southern California area for Gecko Hospitality. When not working, Rob likes to spend as much time as possible being outside enjoying the lifestyle that Southern California offers, spending time with his 3 daughters. Rob is big MI State and Detroit sports fan.