Director of Sales
Irving, TX 75015
Senior Director of Sales and Special Events, Full Time
Overall responsibility for implementing to the total sales effort of the Special Events Department, including securing new bookings, maintaining existing accounts, supervising sales activities and training within the department staff, and executing sales and marketing strategies to maximize the profitability of the department while maintaining customer satisfaction. Contribute to the team effort.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Achieve and grow yearly top line revenues, while staying within expense budget; actively seek out new business.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in the wedding, corporate, group, tea, photo, film, convention, and concierge market.
- Develop and maintain market awareness to ensure the ability to predict revenue opportunities and set proactive strategies.
- Drive results by establishing sales objectives and developing quotas for all team members.
- Actively prospect and acquire new accounts/clients.
- Direct the scheduling of event execution including account assignments for efficiency and organized workflow.
- Assure that the contract details, set up coordination, outside vendor arrangements, and other necessary logistics/arrangements are in place for successful event execution.
- Effectively manage the performance of the sales team and direct work and tasks towards achieving the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Provide sales training and development to ensure all inquiries and requests are consistently met in a timely manner.
- Manage the departmental budget and monitor sales activities/performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Accurately reports variances/projections.
- Assure accurate sales contract compliance and timely billing/receipts for expenses.
- Preparation of the annual budget to achieve attainable revenue goals.
- Coordinate and prepare annual marketing plan with the Marketing VP.
- Oversee and/or train, evaluate, and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required personnel documentation in a timely manner
- College degree preferred
- Two+ years’ sales and sales leadership required; hospitality/event experience desired
- Excellent verbal and written/grammatically correct communication skills; proficient computer skills (knowledge of Excel, MS Word, Outlook, etc.); ability to prepare statistical analysis and forecasting
- Ability to create a cohesive team for successful sales and event execution; professional image and conduct
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to walk clients repeatedly as needed and to physically conduct client/vendor tours and to visit prospects/vendors off-site when needed to actively promote Special Events.
- Texas driver’s license required to operate vehicles and to drive to off-site locations
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Ashley Mills is the Gecko Hospitality Franchise Partner for the California Central Coast, North Texas, & Northern Florida. She and her husband, Barry, joined Gecko in 2005 and together they have truly enjoyed this exciting career. She prides herself on her ability to research the clients' needs and match them with the right candidates. Ashley also enjoys developing relationships with clients and candidates and feels a great sense of accomplishment when the perfect match is made.
Ashley graduated from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor's Degree in Restaurant, Hotel, and Institutional Management. Ashley has worked in restaurant management for Don Pablo's and The Corner Bakery Cafe where she worked for years as a FOH Manager as well as a Catering Manager.
Ashley enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, playing tennis and golf, and cheering for her favorite sports teams.