Executive Chef / Kitchen Manager – Beach Vibe Gastropub
5271 E 2nd St, Long Beach, CA 90803 Long Beach, CA 90803
Executive Kitchen Manager
Casual Theme - Growing in Southern California
Our group of restaurants originated from one of our founders’ passion for spirits. We wanted to maintain a neighborhood feel and mix it with the laid back vibe of the beach. Nearly a decade ago we opened our first restaurant on the beach and have since grown to 7 locations…with more under construction! We feature a diverse craft beer menu, an eclectic, from-scratch menu, and the ability to change with the time, whether it’s new cooking techniques or educating our bar staff on new brew. What has fueled our growth? It’s been our dedication to our food, our guests, and our employees. If you’re ready to make an impact with a young, dynamic, debt-free restaurant company, we’re looking for you!
Job Description: The Executive Kitchen Manager will demonstrate leadership and expertise in all areas of the kitchen and be responsible for all culinary operations. This individual in the Executive Kitchen Manager role will be responsible for selecting, hiring, training, supervising, and developing the culinary staff members. We love to promote from within which means our Executive Kitchen Manager must be capable of developing hourly team members. The Executive Kitchen Manager will manage day-to-day shifts, oversee food inventories and labor, closely monitor all safety and sanitation procedures, keep all equipment in shipshape, and help every employee provide guests with top-quality food that's always perfectly prepared and presented.
- Excellent compensation
- Comprehensive medical package
- Paid vacation
- Ongoing career training
- Minimum of 3+ years current experience as a salaried Restaurant Kitchen Manager in a Full Service concept
- High volume background; must have Restaurant Kitchen Manager experience in restaurants doing over $3 million in sales per year
- Excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Outstanding work ethic and drive to succeed
- Hands-on experience hiring, training, and developing hourly employees
- Ability to maintain high levels of food quality, consistency, and hygiene
- Restaurant Kitchen Manager candidates must be proficient with financials (P&L's, inventory, food/labor cost, etc.)
Apply Now - Executive Kitchen Manager located in Long Beach, California!
Rob Dallaire, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Rob Dallaire attended MSU where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Management. Throughout Rob's management career, he has been fortunate enough to work for some top level companies in the industry such as Houston's, Champps, Hard Rock Cafe, and PF Chang's / Pei Wei. Rob made the transition over to the recruiting side of the business with Gecko Hospitality in 2005. Rob is responsible for the Southern California area for Gecko Hospitality. When not working, Rob likes to spend as much time as possible being outside enjoying the lifestyle that Southern California offers, spending time with his 3 daughters. Rob is big MI State and Detroit sports fan.