Executive Chef - Local Favorite
525 Old Taughannock Blvd. Ithaca, NY 14850 Ithaca, NY 14850
Local Favorite set on the Waterfront
Seeking a motivated, hands on, experienced, personable Executive Chef who loves to lead and has an unwavering and passion for the restaurant industry. If this sounds like you then please Apply Today for our location in Ithaca, NY. Our guests can enjoy a fantastic meal while enjoying the beautiful backdrop of our restaurant being located on the water. We specialize in wood grilled steaks, the freshest seafood, sandwiches, burgers and much more. We pride ourselves in our unmatched customer service and providing you an exceptional dining experience each and every time. Don't miss this exciting opportunity as an Executive Chef for our location in Ithaca, New York.
Title of Position: Executive Chef
The position of Executive Chef is one of tremendous responsibility and challenge, but thoroughly rewarding. The Chef directs the entire back of the house operation in accordance with the guidelines established by ownership with respect to sales, staffing and profitability. It is the Chef’s function to organize the kitchen and staff so as to insure high standards in food quality and consistency. The Chef must safeguard our guests’ health by maintaining high sanitation standards and safe food handling practices. It is the Chef’s responsibility, along with the rest of the management team, to insist upon and facilitate professional, polite, concise, low-key, non-contentious, GUEST-ORIENTED, communication between front and back of the house.
Qualifications & Expectations
- Minimum of 5 years of Executive Chef/Head Chef experience in a high-volume, from scratch, a la carte, full service, restaurant kitchen. Experience with Corporate style concepts is a plus.
- Creative love of food with a sensitive palate and unyielding commitment to quality
- Strong business sense and profit mentality
- Guest-focused, team player
- Superior organizational and operational skills with attention to details
- Flexible, fast thinker
- Self motivated with a high degree of stamina
- Professionally receives and responds to constructive criticism
- Has excellent verbal & written communication and interpersonal skills
- Maintains a consistent, positive, professional and enthusiastic image
- Proper and thorough labeling of all food, supplies and kitchen equipment.
- Complete recipe and product specification documentation including a recipe for all products sold, as well as product specification charts for ingredients in all recipes.
- Prep sheets and par stocks developed and maintained daily.
- Maintain a “hospital clean” mentality in all personnel, and maintain a “hospital clean” environment
- Insure that all products are prepared with strict adherence to recipes.
- Product freshness guaranteed by overseeing proper labeling, dating and stock rotation procedures.
- Plating procedures developed and enforced to insure consistent product appearance.
- Food cost at or below the ideal established by ownership and management.
- Labor cost at or below the budgeted amount.
- Recruit, hire, orient, train, schedule and supervise the necessary number of employees to efficiently operate the kitchen. This staffing level must be maintained at proper seasonal levels, keeping overtime to a minimum.
- Train personnel to the high professional standards ownership and management.
- Cross-train the appropriate number of staff per station.
- Promote and enforce a positive, professional attitude in all kitchen employees that promotes guest-oriented communications between front and back of house staff.
- Work with the GM to establish incentive and bonus systems for all back of the house positions.
- Be an effective leader by adhering to all company policies and procedures as set forth in the kitchen manual.
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Bonus Program
- Paid Vacation
- Continued Growth Opportunity & Stability
- Fun Staff Outings
- Family Friendly Environment
Apply Now-Executive Chef located in Ithaca, New York
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply today with an updated copy of your resume.
Greg Bozek, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Greg Bozek has been in the “People” and “Relationship Building” business in a variety of capacities for over twenty years. After graduating from Michigan State University with a degree in Advertising & Communications, he started off his professional career as Technical Recruiter for Aerotek. From there he held positions on the business & hospitality development side with Frankel, Palace Sports & Entertainment (Detroit Pistons) and Olympia Entertainment (Detroit Red Wings) before making his way back to the recruiting industry and ultimately as a Franchise Owner with Gecko Hospitality. Greg gets great satisfaction in assisting people better their lives by placing them in positions with the diverse client base that he works with.
Greg manages the Western Canada and Upstate New York territories along with his market partner Tim Stanton.
Greg likes to travel with his family, when he and his wife are not running back and forth from the hockey rink, basketball court, soccer and lacrosse fields attending their kids sporting events.