26 Merrion Ct Columbia, MD 21045 US
We are seeking an Executive Chef to join our team! You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and dedicate time to expanding our clientele base to establish the restaurant's brand and reputation.
- Oversee day-to-day culinary operations
- Coordinate food and kitchenware orders
- Check freshness and quality of ingredients
- Assist in the development of menu items
- Standardize recipes and plate presentations
- Work with management to create a memorable experience for guests
- Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking, or other related fields
- Knowledge of cost and labor systems
- Passion for food and cooking techniques
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Larry Friedkin, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Larry Friedkin has been the Gecko Hospitality Franchise partner for Maryland and Nevada since 2010. Larry has over 35 years of experience in the Food and Beverage industry. Starting out as a newspaper boy, he worked a variety of jobs building up to his first restaurant position as a busser at the age of 14. Larry continued in the hospitality industry through high school and college, starting with waiting tables and bartending and 12 years later, became a Multi-Unit General Manager. Joining Metromedia Restaurants in 1987, Larry spent nearly 15 years at Steak and Ale, the last 10 1/2 as an Area Director guiding 9 locations and being named Operators Director of the Year in 1998. In 2001, he joined O'Charley's Inc. as an Operations Director and opened up 5 locations during his nearly 9 year tenure.
Larry enjoys each and every day at Gecko, assisting others attain their professional goals. He is extremely grateful to partner with Gecko and plan to continue creating great relationships.
Larry has two great sons and enjoys camping, boating, biking, swimming and any outdoor activities – crazy about nature. He is also a devoted, lifelong Eagles fan.