223 Gore Creek Dr, Vail, CO 81657 Vail, CO 81657
Our restaurant was founded on breaking from the norm. While other restaurants focus on shuttling people in and out their doors, we took the time to specialize in what really matters: the food! Our culinary team specializes in using the freshest ingredients in each of our entrees; we want our guests to enjoy and savor the meals we serve. We offer a variety of dishes, from favorites to the innovative. With an array of drinks and spirits to cap off your meal, it’s no wonder why our guests continue to come back!
Title of Position: Executive Chef
Job Description: Our Executive Chef will demonstrate exceptional leadership skills by recruiting, training and mentoring the culinary staff. Responsibilities for the Executive Chef also include maintaining a safe, clean and professional kitchen at all times. Managing food cost, conducting proper inventories and product ordering will be the responsibility of the Executive Chef as well as coaching the sous chef to have an understanding of these responsibilities. The most important part of the Executive Chef position is ensuring every dish is delivered in a timely manner and exceeds guest expectations. Our Executive Chef will be devoted to culinary excellence and inspire the staff to do the same.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Growth Opportunity
- Excellent training and leadership development program
- Professional Environment
- Minimum of 3+ years current experience as an Executive Chef in a Full Service or Upscale Casual concept
- High volume background - must have Executive Chef experience in restaurants doing over $2-3 million in sales
- Ability to maintain high levels of food quality, consistency, and hygiene
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Hands-on with hiring, training, and developing hourly employees
- Excellent work ethic and drive to succeed
- Executive Chef candidates must be proficient with financials (P&L's, inventory, food/labor cost, etc.)
Apply Now - Executive Chef located in Vail, Colorado!
Steve Kratz, CPC
Executive Recruiter | Restaurant Division
Steve Kratz spent the beginning of his career (18 years) developing and operating the Joseph Ambler Inn in Montgomeryville, PA. A 14-acre country estate was renovated into a 15 room Bed and Breakfast. Later renovations and expansions resulted in a luxurious 52 room Country Inn with fine dining, weddings, and banquets.
Steve enjoyed 5 years as Manager and then General Manager for Macaroni Grill. His experience owning and operating his own location as well as his tenure with the Brinker Organization makes him distinctly qualified to help you find your niche in this wonderful business.
Steve is married to his wife Tracy - also a restaurant professional. Steve has a daughter Nicole, and two stepsons Robert and Joseph, all in their twenties and doing well. Steve was born, raised, and has always resided in Southeastern PA. He is a big sports fan. His hobbies are golfing and reading.