Executive Sous Chef
2439 Washington Street Boston MA 02109 Boston, MA 02109 US
CASUAL THEME-HIGH VOLUME
Are you a Executive Sous Chef that enjoys having a good time while working, laughing often on the job and helping create a dynamic environment for the staff that can be felt not only in the dishes being created? This dynamic position is for an experienced Executive Sous Chef who wants to be hands on, lend their culinary expertise through forward thinking and with an innovative style. Our kitchen is Chef driven.
- Strong financials: Inventory Control and Manage, Labor Control and Cost, Scheduling, P&L, Vendor Contract and Negotiations
- Design and Create Daily Menu Dishes.
- Continuing training, manager meeting, one-to-one counseling and reviews.
- Line checks/food receiving and quality assurance.
- Scheduling, coaching and training team members.
- Provides direction and coaching for all back of the house team members including food preparation, production and safety and sanitation.
- Completes all back of the house performance appraisals.
- Writes the weekly schedule.
- Coordinates training and ongoing development of back of the house team members.
- Orders all food and supplies for the restaurant.
- Ensures proper staffing levels by recruiting, interviewing and hiring talented team members.
- Communicates with the rest of the management team.
- Act as support system for all areas of the restaurant.
- Maintain spotlessly clean and safe restaurant at all times.
- Ensure highest quality levels of products and hospitality.
- At least 8 years of full-service restaurant operation experience as an Executive Sous Chef in a HIGH VOLUME Concept
- Experience with Seafood a PLUS
- **Must have proven HIGH VOLUME EXPERIENCE
- Ability to organize, train and direct team of at least 20 persons.
- Must have understanding of food safety and sanitation practices and execution.
- Serve Safe Certification.
- State and local alcohol enforcement where applicable.
- Performs a variety of tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Desire to lead, coach and mentor.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- A passion for food, and consistently delivering a great guest experience.
- High School Degree or Equivalent required.
- College or Culinary Management degree preferred but not required.
Quality of Life and Work Balance. Tons of Room for Growth. Great Environment.
Linda Slegel, CPC
Executive Recruiter | Restaurant Division
Linda Slegel is an Executive Hospitality Recruiter for the New England Region-MA, NH, ME, VT specializing in the placement of restaurant professionals. She is known in the industry for putting her skills, knowledge and expertise into helping candidates find their ideal positions and assisting her clients finding great new employees for their organization. Linda is a very driven and dedicated Recruiter who strives to bring the best of the best together. Linda has an exceptionally strong passion for the recruiting industry winning numerous awards throughout her career. She listens strongly to the needs and desires of the candidate with regards to what they are looking for in their next position and listens to the clients’ needs ensuring that an ideal match is met. Linda attended Rochester Institute of Technology-RIT and is currently in the process of obtaining her CPC (Certified Personnel Consultant) Certification.