Lahaska, PA 18931
As the Front of House Manager, you will provide supervision and support to the front-of-the-house staff, managing
daily restaurant operations and assisting the General Manager in delivering guest satisfaction through the smooth daily
operation of the restaurant; managing reservations; scheduling, training, and supervising personnel.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Hands on management of the day-to-day operations ensuring quality standards are met and guests’
expectations are exceeded.
• Restaurant Manager must utilize interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocate sound
financial/business decision making; demonstrate honesty/integrity; lead by example.
• Work in collaboration with the kitchen team to ensure proper timing of food delivery
•Restaurant Manager must maintain accurate inventory levels to ensure proper execution of events
• Ensure effective departmental communication through department meetings and participating in BEO
• Develop operational guidelines by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel
policies and procedures.
• Develop specific goals and plan to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Restaurant Manager must create and nurture an environment emphasizing motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous
improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Provide excellent customer service to all team members
• Respond quickly and proactively to team members’ concerns.
• Provide proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
• Restaurant Manager must encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Ensure and maintain the productivity level of team members.
• Provide the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way
that will be efficient and effective.
• Restaurant Manager will provide guidance and direction to team members, including setting performance standards and monitoring
• Identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, train or otherwise help others to improve their
knowledge or skills.
• Provide exceptional guest service, ensuring guest satisfaction
• Respond quickly and proactively to guest's concerns.
• Restaurant Manager must take ownership of all guest complaints/problems until they are resolved
• Understand company's service culture and ensure all team members represent the service culture.
• Ensure all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest's expectations.
• Improve service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance,
feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Comply with all corporate accounting procedures.
• Establish reservation system by planning use of tables; allocating stations; determining staffing requirements.
• Restaurant Manager will fulfill dining reservation schedule by assigning and scheduling staff; following up on work results.
• Prepare reports for management by identifying guest service requirements; observing and recording guest
reactions to meals, beverages, and restaurant environment.
• Conduct routine inspections of the banquet/dining room space to ensure all items are set to standard and are
in good working condition.
• 2 years of progressive experience within the Food and Beverage Industry
• Ability to work flexible hours, including days, evenings, weekends & holidays
Bob Backus, CPC
Executive Recruiter | Restaurant Division
Bob Backus started his career with Gecko Hospitality in June of 2012. Prior to Gecko, Bob was in restaurant operation as a lead manager for a growing national franchise. As an experienced Senior Executive Recruiter, he has helped shape the success of Gecko Hospitality in Eastern PA market. Throughout his tenure, he has a demonstrated history of effectively transforming people lives. He is a professional who specializes in listening to people and honing in on their wants and needs. He is a 5 time recipient of the Gecko Sales Achievement Award and is licensed by the National Association of Professional Services as a Certified Professional Consultant (CPC). Bob and his wife have two beautiful children, and live in Bucks County.
Bob recruits for Philadelphia, the Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Lancaster, and all surrounding areas east of the Susquehanna including Williamsport and Selinsgrove.
“Bob was honest and great to work with during the whole process! Found me work within a weeks time.” - Dan W.
“It was a great experience and Bob Backus had a lot of opportunities for me.” -David W.
“From start to finish, working with Bob was a great experience. He was right there to help through the entire process. I would recommend him and Gecko to anyone serious about finding what they are truly looking for in their career.” -Chris H.
“Bob was fantastic, he was very helpful, involved in every part of the process. Showed genuine care, I would recommend Gecko Hospitality to friends or family members.”-Paul B
“Hiring for the Philadelphia area has been a positive experience." -Mad Mex
“Gecko Eastern PA team work hard to fill our open positions.” -Paxos Restaurant Group