Facilities and Maintenance Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Now Hiring in LosAngeles!
Our first restaurant opened up with one mission in mind: providing underserved areas in Southern California with access to healthier dining options at affordable prices. We created a concept and menu with no fried food, no preservatives, refined grains, or any artificial flavoring. Each meal that is bought goes towards helping areas under-served with healthy dining options. Our passion to help others has garnered national attention and investment, and we are ready to expand in the area. We currently have 5 locations open now, 3 under construction, and our goal is to have over dozen restaurants open by the end of 2019.
Title of Position: Facilities & Construction Manager
Description: The Facilities & Construction Manager will be in charge of overseeing activities and operations of our Facilities & Maintenance along with all new development and construction projects from planning through opening. This role involves being responsible for managing the interiors and exteriors of our restaurants while maintaining our high standards. He/she will oversee and direct construction projects and provide in-depth review of scheduled deliverables and cost estimation. This individual will track construction inventory and select/review tools, material, and equipment for each project. The ability to oversee all on and offsite construction and monitor building/safety regulation compliance is a vital part of this Facilities & Construction Manager position. The ability to manage standard operating procedures for all buildings, grounds and infrastructure (i.e. HVAC, lighting, plumbing, etc.) is required of this role. This person will manage the process for outside consultants; ability to understand and communicate protocols to outside vendors is a must. The Facilities & Construction Manager will be responsible for maintaining and obtaining appropriate building permits/certificates along with being up to date on local/state requirements. This individual should have strong contract negotiation experience, as the Facilities & Construction Manager will negotiate agreement terms, write draft contracts, and work to obtain the proper and relevant permits and licenses.
- Minimum of 5+ years current experience working in a Multi-Unit Restaurant Company in their Facilities and Construction Department
- Extensive knowledge or restaurant equipment, HVAC & refrigeration systems, plumbing, and electrical repairs
- Advanced knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods
- Strong relationship with vendors across Southern California
- Thorough knowledge of Local, State, and Federal rules, regulations, and quality control standards
- Outstanding oral, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle several projects at once
- Ability to resolve conflicts and work in high pressure situations
- Basic principles & techniques in plumbing, wood finishing, painting, electricity, carpentry and HVAC
- Experience with various construction and mechanical system trades which provides the ability to determine acceptable and unacceptable product.
- Ability to generate and maintain various project reports as well as read and use financial reports as management tools.
Apply Today - Facilities & Construction Manager in LosAngeles, California!
Rob Dallaire, CPC
Franchise Partner | Restaurant Division
Rob Dallaire attended MSU where he received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Hospitality Management. Throughout Rob's management career, he has been fortunate enough to work for some top level companies in the industry such as Houston's, Champps, Hard Rock Cafe, and PF Chang's / Pei Wei. Rob made the transition over to the recruiting side of the business with Gecko Hospitality in 2005. Rob is responsible for the Southern California area for Gecko Hospitality. When not working, Rob likes to spend as much time as possible being outside enjoying the lifestyle that Southern California offers, spending time with his 3 daughters. Rob is big MI State and Detroit sports fan.