Floral Designer - Wedding & Events
Raleigh, NC 27601 US
Floral Designer – Wedding & Events
Salary $45K - $50K + Benefits
The Wedding & Event Floral Designer is responsible for artistically arranging flowers, reading event job paperwork and following designs as proposed to clients.
- Make traditional corsages, bouquets, and centerpieces, as well as other kinds of original designs using inspiration pictures provided
- Be available for brainstorming creative and original designs
- Fulfill large and small orders by working with a wide range of foliage and flowers
- Order/purchase both floral and decorative materials for designs
- Process and receive fresh flowers that arrive weekly
- Have knowledge on processing flowers correctly and efficiently
- Pull, prep and green vases needed for weekly event deliveries and installations
- Demonstrate desire to learn floral design and learn the style of the company
- Have a good sense of varied floral design styles and a passion for design
- Provide input on floral plans for weekly event installations, i.e. creating recipes
- Support the overall maintenance of design studio including but not limited to receiving, washing and inventorying vessels, flowers, plants and tools used and the design process
- Perform any other duties as requested by the owner
- 2+ years of experience in floral design
- Experience with growing or arranging flowers
- Have knowledge about and experience in the care, maintenance, and handling of flowers and foliage
- Knowledge of floral trends and basic design principles
- Excellent communication and sales skills
- Be available to work on site at events for set up and strike weekdays and weekends
- Flexible schedule a must
- Positive attitude and works well in a team environment
- 2 weeks paid vacation within first year
- 8 Paid holidays (Closed on major holidays)
- 50% Employer paid Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 401K with company match
- Opportunity to work in a healthy fun work environment!
Meet Your Recruiter
Adele began her career in a full service casual chain restaurant. She has a natural talent for success. She worked her way up from an entry level position to a Service Manager and her supervisor wanted her at the highest volume location in the company. During her time there she was appointed as the mentor of the FOH training program, as well as supporting the training for four other locations. She was the mentor in her spare time while she helped open new locations! She said “Who needs rest! I’m busy!” She was the point person for new restaurant opening staffing. Interviews, interviews and more interviews! She understands the urgency that surrounds the hiring process. She then worked for a Food Services Contract Company as a Retail Services Manager. Always driving for success she gained skills in menu development, retail design, and marketing. Once again, she was called on to support over 20 locations by hosting monthly marketing calls, site visits, and opening new account locations.
Over the years, Adele has never lost focus service. She is passionate about her work and will do what it takes to always provide the very best service by going above and beyond. Her management style is fair, inclusive, and business minded. She has a strong attention to detail and enjoys helping others achieve their goals.
Adele is married with two sons. She enjoys spending time with her family, watching her kids play sports on the weekends, and cooking with her husband.