Food & Beverage Manager
Costa Mesa, CA 92630
Premier private country club is seeking a well-rounded, hands-on F&B Manager to work closely with the F&B Director, Executive Chef and club staff to ensure service exceeds club members’ expectations. Member service is paramount, and candidates must have the flexibility and multi-tasking skills to handle restaurant, bar and event service simultaneously.
- 2-3 years of F&B Management, preferably restaurant management, experience in an upscale hotel, restaurant or private club with positive career progression.
- Club (country, city, yacht) experience preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of F&B operations to include upscale service styles, event management, bar service, etc.
- Working knowledge with wine is preferred. Working towards or having a Level 1 Sommelier certification is a plus.
- Must be proficient in verbal and written communication.
- Must be able to use current technologies and have basic computer skills to analyze all data concerning revenues, costs, prepare/read budgets, department P&L.
- A positive attitude and accountability are required
- Must work well and thrive in a team of diverse personalities.
- ServSafe certification is required.
- Requires lifting up to 40 lbs. Must be able to stand, walk, bend, and stoop for prolonged periods of time and work in high temperature kitchens.
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervising and scheduling of all service staff.
- Assist the F&B Director with the beverage program – wine is big.
- Handles issues with member and guest incidents proactively and communicates those with the appropriate leadership staff with input for corrective action.
- Make sure service standards, SOPs and cost controls are being followed by all staff.
- Assists in planning and executing club events and banquet functions. Requires a hands-on style to support the staff to execute member satisfaction.
- Proper and effective training is critical. Assist with the developing, implementation and execution of a comprehensive training program for new and tenured staff alike.
- Is responsible for ensuring all revenues are posted correctly and timely.
- Proper scheduling and distribution of duties is required to balance financial responsibility without compromising member service.
- Manage service staff in all aspects of club (restaurant, bar, banquets, etc) to ensure satisfactory member service.
- Ensures staff is properly groomed, uniformed and follow all safety guidelines.
- Conducts meaningful and educational pre-shift meetings.
- Must communicate effectively to all management staff and use the tools and resources supplied in the proper manner.
- Performs all duties assigned by club leadership in a timely and effective manner including proper inventory management, marketing, service, etc.
- Ensures that local and state laws and the club’s policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are followed and adhered to, including maintaining health department standards.
Compensation: $65,000 - $70,000 plus great benefits. Club may sponsor CMAA membership and education.
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
David started his hospitality career at the tender age of fifteen working in a restaurant as a porter and dishwasher. His first manager taught him the importance of hard work and doing the job right the first time. Fast forward several decades later, David has carried that mantra with him throughout his career and worked in some of the finest restaurants, hotels, resorts and country clubs in the United States in several management and director positions.
Since that first job, David worked almost every position possible in a restaurant from cook to bartender to supervisor. After college, David was hired by Marriott Hotels & Resorts and successfully completed their renowned training program. He began his professional management career as a restaurant manager in a very high-volume airport property. From there, David’s career continued with companies such as Wyndham International, Starwood Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts as well as two Platinum Clubs of America. David’s experience included downtown, airport and suburban hotels as well as conference centers, resorts, city clubs and country clubs.
David has been a certified trainer, a certified food & beverage executive, certified in food service management through Cornell University and a member of the CMAA.
Becoming a franchise partner with Gecko Hospitality just seemed like the right thing to do after dedicating so many years to the operations side of the business. David has always been in the service industry and now wants to serve his candidates and clients by “connecting people and changing lives, one career at a time”. David lives in San Clemente with his wife Rose, son Peter and Dakota, their one of a kind dog. They enjoy traveling, dining, hiking and just chillin’ by the beach.