Food & Beverage Manager
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Located in the heart of Silicon Valley, adjacent to California's Great America theme park, Levi's Stadium, and close to the Santa Clara Convention Center. The hotel provides the perfect base to discover Santa Clara attractions and conduct business.
Be part of one of the finest South Bay Area Four Diamond Hotels- featuring 280 guestrooms located in the heart of Silicon Valley! Lead the management and hourly team for in-room dining, the lobby bar, lounge, and award-winning restaurant! Help build a seasonal and local craft cocktail and beer guest offering!
- Responsible for the overall operation of the Restaurant, Room Service and the Beverage Department
- Lead and assist in creating a rotating seasonal craft cocktail and beer program
- Lead the hiring, training, scheduling and counseling of all staff members in these departments
- Ensure all guests who experience a problem receive an appropriate response, any promised compensation is delivered, and an appropriate follow up in a timely and professional manner.
- Prepare payroll as required.
- Ensure all associates are safety conscious and trained in safe work practices.
- Facilitate CA Food Handlers and Alcohol TIPS Training
- Responsible to hold regular department meetings and to institute promotion and incentive programs in the Restaurant/bar and Room Service.
- Assist in preparing and control hotel budget for the department.
- 2-3 years of management experience in a 4-5 star hotel F&B environment
- At least 1 year of experience leading a full-service restaurant
- Advanced benefits compared to other properties
- Fun additional perks within the brand!
Senior Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
David Farah is a Senior Executive Recruiter for Gecko Hospitality with over 15 years of experience in the Hospitality and Restaurant Industry. Before joining Gecko Hospitality, David was Senior Director of Recruiting for global celebrity Chef Michael Mina’s restaurant group. As the Senior Director of Recruiting, David was responsible for all staffing at over fifty restaurants with sales over 250 million dollars.
David began his restaurant management career with Hillstone Restaurant Group in both Napa Valley and Atlanta. He then joined Eureka! Restaurant Group as General Manager of the flagship where Farah led and developed management training for the company’s successful expansion while setting the benchmark for company profit percentages.
Several years later, Farah joined Four Seasons Hotel in Silicon Valley as the youngest Senior Food & Beverage Department Head in the Americas. Within twenty-four months, the department was ranked number one in the Americas for guest service, satisfaction, and profit. After marrying the love of his life, Judee, David was asked to lead the opening staffing team for Apple Inc’s new one-billion-dollar global headquarters in Cupertino, California.
Throughout his career, Farah has always believed in the power of the human spirit to improve, learn, and develop continuously. Partnered in this belief, is his intention to always offer others the opportunity to strive for greatness and pursue their passions.