Food And Beverage Manager - 1766957
Temecula, CA 92591 US
Food and Beverage Manager - Temecula, CA
We are a premier vineyard winery nestled in the heart of Temecula, complete with an on-site hotel and gourmet restaurants. We pride ourselves on producing world-class wines, delivering exceptional hospitality, and creating unforgettable experiences for all our guests. We are searching for a dynamic, experienced, and hands-on F&B Manager to assist with elevating service and fine tuning operations.
Is this a Good Fit? You must have the Following:
- 3-5 years of recent F&B management experience, preferably in upscale hotels and/or fine dining restaurants.
- A proven track record in all aspects of upscale restaurant/bar sales/operations (scheduling, training, floor management, and staff accountability).
- The Food and Beverage Manager must have excellent communication and owner/stakeholder relationship skills.
- POS – Micros and ALOHA as well as MS 365 (Excel) proficiency.
- The Food and Beverage Manager must love problem-solving and has high sense of integrity taking personal responsibility.
- Must have a professional appearance, attitude and be able to work weekends, nights, and holidays.
- Valid Food Handlers Card is required.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. and must be 21 years of age or older.
- Professional communication and language skills are a must.
- Diplomacy and conflict resolution with professionalism is required.
- Must have great vendor relations and great negotiating skills.
What the role looks like and what you’ll do:
- Manage day-to-day operations with fiscal responsibility within the budget at the highest standards.
- Communicate with all departments & leadership to ensure guest service needs are exceeded.
- Analyze and close daily revenues, manage labor costs and expenses, and implement effective strategies to mitigate costs and elevate profit.
- Control payroll, cash handling, inventory & equipment costs as well as evaluate the operation’s cost effectiveness.
- Have a keen eye for detail, walk the property, restaurant, and operation to ensure standards, food quality, and service levels are being met.
- Assist with product selections/price and make recommendations for and change or enhancements.
- Inspire the staff with positive visionary leadership to drive morale and team spirit, promote the corporate vision, deliver exceptional service, and drive financial success.
- Recruit, Interview, Hire, Develop, Train, Communicate, and implement Accountability with the staff.
- Comply with all local, county, state and federal health and safety regulations and alcohol awareness standards.
- Know, understand, and execute emergency procedures with competence and calmness.
- $85K-$90K plus bonus potential
- Health/Medial Benefits copay
- Relocation Assistance
- Sign-on Bonus
Meet Your Recruiter
David grew up in Michigan and started his hospitality career at the tender age of fifteen working in a restaurant as a porter and dishwasher. His first manager taught him the importance of hard work and doing the job right the first time. Fast forward several decades later, David has carried that mantra with him throughout his career and worked in some of the finest restaurants, hotels, resorts and country clubs in the United States in several management and director positions.
Since that first job, David worked almost every position possible in a restaurant from cook to bartender to supervisor. After college, David was hired by Marriott Hotels & Resorts and successfully completed their renowned training program. He began his professional management career as a restaurant manager in a very high-volume airport property. From there, David’s career continued with companies such as Wyndham International, Starwood Hotels & Resorts and Hilton Hotels & Resorts as well as two Platinum Clubs of America. David’s experience includes downtown, airport and suburban hotels as well as conference centers, resorts, city clubs and country clubs.
David has been a certified trainer, a certified food & beverage executive, certified in food service management through Cornell University and a member of the CMAA.
Becoming a franchise partner with Gecko Hospitality just seemed like the right thing to do after dedicating so many years to the operations side of the business. David has always been in the service industry and now wants to serve his candidates and clients by “connecting people and changing lives, one career at a time”. David lives in San Clemente with his wife Rose, son Peter, and Dakota, their one of a kind dog. They enjoy traveling, summer vacation ‘up north’, dining, hiking and just chillin’ by the beach.