Front Office Manager
Boston, MA 02110
At our hotels, we’ve made it our mission to help our guests succeed in theirs – whether they’re staying with us on a business trip or looking to hit the city for an urban adventure. It is the guest experience that ultimately determines a successful stay at one of our hotels. Our leaders ensure the team provides an engaging and personalized guest experience throughout every guest touchpoint.
As the driver of front office management and guest experience throughout the hotel, your passion for the guest is infectious. Others in the hotel follow your lead, mimicking your actions in order to push themselves to a higher level. Our Front Office Manager/ Senior Guest Service Manager knows what makes people tick, ensuring that our guest interactions and service programs are warm, welcoming, and very engaging. All this cannot be done without great people and as the leader of the team, he/she ensures the team is trained and ready to make it happen each and every day.
As the leader of the front of house operations, your primary responsibilities are:
• Recruiting top guest service managers that embody our hotel experience
• Sharpening your team’s guest experience skills through on-going training and development as well as holding them accountable for delivering our hotel experience
• Having a leadership presence in the lobby and common areas to create a courteous, inviting club-like atmosphere
• Ensuring you and your team are secret concierges to the city, answering guests’ questions about the best places to go, see, and do
• Overseeing all aspects of the check-in, check-out, VIP guests, and guest request processes both from a guest experience and administrative perspective.
• Promoting social media scores and reviews such as Trip Advisor and Net Promoter Score.
• Developing strong relationships with other department heads and being able to handle Hotel Manager responsibilities in his/her absence.
• Seeking opportunities to drive additional revenue.
• Understanding the ins and outs of our hotel management systems.
• Safeguarding the hotel’s assets through cost controls, cash handling, departmental inventories, and budget management.
• Overseeing all front desk administrative processes which includes ensuring all daily, end of the month and year-end procedures are followed.
Ideal candidates will have 2-4 years of independent full-service hotel backgrounds and front office managerial experience. A passionate leader who enjoys being with people. Must be technically savvy, possess strong training skills and is familiar with the market.
Evan Kaplan, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
I am Gecko Hospitality’s Partner for the New England market (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI & VT) within the Hospitality Division and I specialize in permanent placement recruiting for hotels, resorts, country clubs and casinos. I joined Gecko Hospitality after a successful 20-year career in food & beverage executive level operations within various Four Diamond AAA resort hotels, Five-Star Platinum country clubs and nationally acclaimed restaurants. An extensive hospitality operational background paired with an award-winning recruiting experience adds significant value for our clients and candidates.
I am THE expert in multiple full-service hospitality recruiting segments and specialize in partnering with hotels, resorts and country clubs. I seek to create a strategic partnership with clients and a personalized relationship with candidates throughout the search process; resulting in the “right” fit for both parties.
I apply a grounded and balanced approach to recruiting, paired with an analytical method specific to our client’s needs. I take pleasure in matching what’s important to our clients, with what’s important to our candidates – to find the perfect match!