Front Office Manager
Clearwater, FL 33759
- The Front Office Manager is responsible for the overall guest service of the hotel by maintaining an organized and efficient Front Desk
- Short and long-term planning and the management of the resort’s Front Office operations
- The Front Office Manager will develop and recommend the budget, labor cost plans, and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Maintain guest room inventory
- The Front Office Manager coaches and counsels employees to reflect the Hotel's Standards and Procedures
- The Front Office Manager performs all tasks of a Front Office Staff as needed to facilitate service
- Ensure all operations and cash handling are done per policies and procedures
- The Front Office Manager maintains excellent communication with the housekeeping department
- Maintain information on prices, rates, specials, packages, programs, etc., while ensuring all staff are trained in these areas
- Analyze, investigate, and resolve guest complaints
- The Front Office Manager creates expectations, lead people, manage processes, and hold people accountable for the agreed-upon activities and time tables
- Insures proper staffing levels for customer service goals
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect service standards and procedures
- Understands and applies all property safety and security procedures to maintain a secure and safe environment for associates and guests always.
- Collaboration with Housekeeping and Engineering
- Utilizes leadership skills and motivation techniques to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction of direct reports
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- Four (4) years or more of progressive hotel Rooms Management experience; college degree in Hotel Administration preferred
- Valid state driver’s license
- Ability to speak English effectively with customers and/or associates. Ability to write clearly and legibly
- Strong communication skills and demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to perform basic to complex math problems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Service-oriented style with the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Must be able to work flexible work hours/schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
Jeremy Nichols, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
Jeremy Nichols started his recruiting career in 2000 with international retail giant H&M. Based in NY, he helped open one of their first stores in the US. After a few years in operations he soon joined the US expansion team. With this role, he traveled the US and was responsible for the recruitment and hiring for emerging markets along the East Coast and throughout the Midwest.
In 2008 Jeremy joined the nation’s largest franchisee of Panera Bread, Covelli Enterprises. As the Director of Recruiting, Jeremy’s focus was on the Greater Tampa Bay market including the Gainesville, Ocala and The Villages area. Jeremy hired management and catering personnel for 30 locations. Additionally, he was responsible for the staffing of new locations as well as filling upper management positions in their corporate support office.
Jeremy has a true passion for recruiting. The relationships and connections that are made with each placement are what motivate Jeremy to find that perfect match for both candidate and employer.