Arlington, VA 22201 US
The Commissary Manager is responsible for managing the overall warehouse activities of a location with low sales volume and routine operations. This includes leading warehouse personnel, purchasing, product receiving and storage, facilitating use of the Retail Management System, as well as auditing its data for accuracy, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by Management. This is an exempt position and typically reports to the General Manager, depending on local requirements.
- Prepares daily scheduling of warehouse personnel in accordance with business needs
- Supervises and trains all warehouse associates
- Ensures purchases are in accordance with company specifications and are from approved vendors; provides feedback to Management regarding item and vendor issues
- Oversees the ticketing of all items to ensure the process is timely, accurate, and in accordance with company standards
- Manages the data flow from ordering and receiving forms, and ensures data is correctly entered into the Retail Management System
- Resolves routine questions and problems and refers more complex issues to higher levels
- Fosters open communication between warehouse and other management staff
- Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma; 2 years of formal post-high school education preferred
- Requires a minimum of 1 year Inventory Management/Merchandising/Retail experience in low volume and/or multi-unit Food and Beverage or Merchandise operations or other related management experience
- Requires 2 years minimum of driving experience and a valid State Driver's License
- Requires excellent time management skills, project management skills, and proven presentation skills
- Requires a high level of computer literacy, including expertise in Excel, Outlook and Word
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions
- Requires the ability to safely lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Requires operation of heavy equipment or vehicles Presented by Tom Bull with Gecko HospitalityPlease send resumes to tombull@geckohospitality.Com
- Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) Drug Free Workplace (DFW)
Tom Bull, CPC
Executive Recruiter | Restaurant Division
Tom Bull, CPC is the senior executive recruiter for Gecko Hospitality, Virginia and DC. Tom has a big background in restaurant operations with prior experience as DO for Applebee’s.
After joining Gecko in 2010 he has successfully developed an extensive client and candidate base throughout Washington DC and Virginia. Tom has received numerous awards for top performance during his career at Gecko. He receives frequent accolades from candidates and clients for his ability to fill job orders fast.
Tom’s experience in operations and recruiting provide a solid foundation allowing him to fill some of the most challenging positions, fast. He has connections at all levels within the restaurant segment from unit managers to Senior VP level operations, in addition to Executive Chefs and similar culinary roles.
Tom’s success is built on his ability to develop strong business relationships and works ethically with a high sense of urgency.