Bethlehem, NH 03574
We are seeking a Hotel General Manager to join our new and luxurious, 65-room limited/select property in beautiful Bethlehem, NH.Our General Manager will lead all operating departments including rooms, food & beverage and engineering within our Hotel. We also expect our General Manager to lead and supervise all department heads of the assigned divisions.
• Sets and measures standards for Front Desk, Housekeeping and Engineering operations.
• In conjunction with Kosher Host, sets and measures Dining Room and service standards.
• In conjunction with Kosher Host and Chef, sets and measures kitchen standards to ensure compliance with Health Department regulations.
• Establishes and controls, through department heads, payroll and other operating expenses in the Rooms, Food & Beverage and Engineering sub-divisions.
• Coordinates with offsite sales team reviews of Catering Sales Plans, Group Programs, Bus & Tour Programs, etc.
• Works collaboratively with Asset Manager, offsite Sales Team, offsite Accountant, third-party Revenue Manager (To be Engaged) as colleagues for successful operation of the hotel
• Ensures the annual planning process is completed in a timely basis, to include the sales and marketing plan, operating budget, capital budget and human resources plan.
• Works collaboratively with Asset Manager and offsite accountant to prepare monthly income and expense forecasts.
• Maintains a positive work environment at the property and makes sure that all employees have the opportunity to communicate with management.
• Becomes actively involved in establishing and maintaining relationships with leaders and influencers within the community.
• Facilitates weekly manager meeting, recognize individual and group successes, share group goals and have team walk throughs each week to different sections of the hotel weekly to check for guest issues, cleanliness, repairs, etc.
• Performs human resource functions for staff, including scheduling, evaluating, and training staff.
• Reviews monthly profit and loss statement. Prepares critique and action plans for improvement and holds monthly performance meetings with Owner and Asset Manager.
• Interact with customers on a daily basis and continues to innovate based on their input.
• Participates and Co-Chairs all quarterly Asset Management/Ownership Reviews.
- Minimum 5 years of limited or select-service hotel experience in leading the front desk, and/or housekeeping subdivisions, while overseeing the engineering department.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a customer and employee centric leadership approach.
- Strong analytical, financial and hotel acumen.
- Ability to manage through managers while also maintaining a hands-on approach
- Formal Education o This position requires a minimum formal education of an Associate’s degree or certification equivalent and a minimum of five years job-related experience.
Evan Kaplan, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
I am Gecko Hospitality’s Partner for the New England market (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI & VT) within the Hospitality Division and I specialize in permanent placement recruiting for hotels, resorts, country clubs and casinos. I joined Gecko Hospitality after a successful 20-year career in food & beverage executive level operations within various Four Diamond AAA resort hotels, Five-Star Platinum country clubs and nationally acclaimed restaurants. An extensive hospitality operational background paired with an award-winning recruiting experience adds significant value for our clients and candidates.
I am THE expert in multiple full-service hospitality recruiting segments and specialize in partnering with hotels, resorts and country clubs. I seek to create a strategic partnership with clients and a personalized relationship with candidates throughout the search process; resulting in the “right” fit for both parties.
I apply a grounded and balanced approach to recruiting, paired with an analytical method specific to our client’s needs. I take pleasure in matching what’s important to our clients, with what’s important to our candidates – to find the perfect match!