Saranac Lake, NY 12983 US
We are seeking a General Manager for our 100-room, full-service lifestyle hotel in beautiful Saranac Lake, New York. Our hotel features an upscale full-service restaurant, extensive event space, a full-service spa, and a lobby bar. Our General Manager will maximize revenue, minimize expenses, motivate the team, and maintain the asset. They are responsible for leading their market and exceeding guest and associate expectations. Our General Manager will oversee all aspects of the operation, including management of general property performance, as well as sales and marketing strategy, profitability, and revenue generation, and human resources activities. Ideal candidates will have similar operational hotel experience and leadership abilities.
- Lead the performance of all hotel departments to exceed all profitability objectives of the hotel.
- Build and lead a cohesive team with unified goals to exceed guest expectations and achieve company product and service performance standards.
- Meet or exceed all budgeted top-line revenue for both room revenue, food and beverage, and other revenue outlets.
- Lead the team to develop and execute a comprehensive sales and marketing program that result in maximizing the revenue opportunity at the hotel.
- Manage and control all operating expense line items and operating expenditures within budget.
- Monitor and report monthly on all Key Result Areas and provide analysis to support the corrective actions to close operational gaps to meet operating objectives.
- Lead and develop all internal training and SOPS to ensure guest service scores and first-class condition ratings exceed all measurable performance standards for the company and the Hilton brand.
- Participate in the development of the annual budget and business planning process for all hotel profit centers.
- Be actively involved in the community in a leadership role.
- Deploy an ambitious spirit that creates an engaged hotel operating team.
- Manage the employee development process for the hotel teams and continually coach and develop direct reports to continuously improve performance and identify team members for recognition and advancement.
- Must have five years of full-service Hotel General Manager experience.
- Strong Food & Beverage managerial experience is required.
- Must have superior financial acumen.
- Experience with an independent boutique and/or seasonal destination resort is a plus.
- Hilton Hotel Experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Property Management System ONQ/Aloha/Agilisys
- Must have a verifiable record of community active involvement.
- Must have a working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- $500 Sign on Bonus
- Competitive Base Pay + 25% Potential Bonus Potential
- 401(k) with matching
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Long-Term and Short-Term Disability
- Life insurance
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
Meet Your Recruiter
Eric Johnson, CCM
Eric Johnson, CCM is a private club specialist with more than two decades of experience in private clubs and hospitality management. Eric specializes in building successful teams to provide unique experiences. He is excited to bring his private club experience and knowledge to his new position as Executive Hospitality Recruiter with Gecko Hospitality, specializing in private club recruitment in the Northeast, USA.
Eric’s most recent position was as the Club Manager at the Locust Hill Country Club in Pittsford, NY and earlier as General Manager and Chief Operating Officer at Skaneateles Country Club in Skaneateles, NY. Eric is a native of Michigan, a graduate of Purdue University School of Hospitality, and began his professional management career with KemperSports Management, with whom he held various food and beverage leadership positions at clubs in Chicago, Maryland, and Colorado.
Eric resides in Western New York with his wife and three children and enjoys spending his free time reading, golfing and exploring the outdoors.