Group Room Sales Manager
181 Boston Post Road West Marlborough, MA 01752 United States of America Marlborough, MA 01752 US
Position Summary: To generate new group corporate and association business and to maintain contact with present accounts. Responsible for collecting, coordinating, and disseminating instructions for group room events, in order to insure superior guest satisfaction.
Tasks and Job Duties:
- Secure prime business by soliciting and prospecting for future years.
Group Corporate and Association Sales
- Maintain, develop and respond to all corporate and association clients.
- Actively solicit, develop new relationships with corporate and association accounts.
- Identify, qualify, and actively solicit potential business by telephone, direct mail, or in-person visits.
- Solicit and arrange site inspections for potential and existing customers.
- Meet required sales goals as assigned.
- Assist the Directors of Sales and Catering in the development of specialty packages and programs.
- Participate in sales programs, activities and special projects, as required.
- Attend sales meetings and maintain office coverage, as required.
- Assist in the coordinating of details of events. Works directly with the customer in setting up and following through on all details of the event.
- Responsible for extra arrangements in planning such as rental of tables, video, audio equipment, and linen. Make additional arrangements such as flowers, champagne, entertainment, and cakes, as appropriate.
- Reiterates, in contract form, all specific details concerning upcoming catered events.
- Assist the Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Sales, and the Chef in planning menus, and sometimes aids in the creation of specialty menus and theme functions.
- Maintains accurate filing and posting systems for past, tentative and upcoming events.
- Assist the Directors of Sales and Catering in forecasting reports and maintain accurate actual reports for month-end.
- Disseminates information to all concerned department heads and staff members through preparation and distribution of detailed banquet event orders at daily catering meetings.
- Handles guests and client complaints and take action as appropriate.
- Assist the Accounting Department by reviewing billing of each event and maintaining accurate credit procedures.
- Generate follow-up by phone and in writing.
- Maintain professional appearance and work ethics.
- Attend and travel to community events, seminars, trade shows and meetings as deemed necessary.
- Continually develop ones own professional skills of the business industry by participating in seminars and classes, as offered.
- Assist the Director of Sales with the training and development of the other sales managers and assistants.
- Participate in creating the annual marketing plan.
- Responsible for monthly diary audits.
- Evaluate business on an event-by-event basis to ensure the booking or re-booking of the optimum business.
- Responsible for the coordination of all Pre and Post-convention meetings.
- Meet and greet clients, along with checking set-ups and following through with last minute changes or additions to insure superior guest satisfaction.
- Increase revenues for the hotel by up selling food and beverage items, and hotel services to clients.
- Assist the Director of Sales with all backlogs, forecast and budget information.
- Maintain high positive visibility in the surrounding community and in hospitality organizations.
- Experience: Two to four years experience in the catering / banquet field, one year in a supervisory capacity. Must posses a general knowledge of food & beverage procedures, controls and administration as well as complete awareness and ability to perform all catering positions. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace and by guests who regularly visit the workplace. Must have a working knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel and Delphi Catering software.
- Education: College degree in restaurant / hotel field or equivalent experience.
- Physical: Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently. Require manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, visual acuity, hearing, writing and excellent speaking ability.
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
I am Gecko Hospitality’s Partner for the New England market (CT, ME, MA, NH, RI & VT) within the Hospitality Division and I specialize in permanent placement recruiting for hotels, resorts, country clubs and casinos. I joined Gecko Hospitality after a successful 20-year career in food & beverage executive level operations within various Four Diamond AAA resort hotels, Five-Star Platinum country clubs and nationally acclaimed restaurants. An extensive hospitality operational background paired with an award-winning recruiting experience adds significant value for our clients and candidates.
I am THE expert in multiple full-service hospitality recruiting segments and specialize in partnering with hotels, resorts and country clubs. I seek to create a strategic partnership with clients and a personalized relationship with candidates throughout the search process; resulting in the “right” fit for both parties.
I apply a grounded and balanced approach to recruiting, paired with an analytical method specific to our client’s needs. I take pleasure in matching what’s important to our clients, with what’s important to our candidates – to find the perfect match!