2950 Clarendon Boulevard Arlington, VA 22201 US
This is an amazing opportunity. We will give you all the tools and training you need to succeed in your career!
Title of Position: Head Chef
Job Description: The Head Chef sets the standard for service expectations by overseeing the back of the Restaurant. As our Head Chef your duties will include but not be limited to:
overseeing daily operation of the restaurant, team members, and facilities, control food and labor costs, lead team members in safety, sanitation, and accident prevention principles. Our Head Chef cares about creating a positive environment for our team. They cook amazing food and achieve excellent results by attracting and hiring top talent and developing and coaching talent to be the best they can be. They must demonstrate skill and care when selecting, scheduling, coaching, developing, mentoring, managing, and leading their team. Our Head Chef will have a pulse on what is going on around them at all times and have a fire inside of them to build the best in the business. We want a Head Chef who will grow with us. We believe that Change is Good. Open Communication is Vital and believe that Management should be Hands-on and Own their actions. We are looking for a talented Head Chef that understands both the business AND the people aspect of running a brilliant kitchen. After 6 weeks of training the focus will be building a great team and assisting the GM in marketing this new restaurant.
- Competitive Base Salary with Quarterly performance bonus plan available
- 401(k) matching 4% after 1 year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off- 3 weeks
- Paid training- 6 weeks out of town
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- World-wide company Growth opportunities – 30 new locations in next 5 years
- Being the best Head Chef means being the person who drives performance in the front of house. Our fantastic training program will help you be the best you can be.
- An aware leader who creates a positive, caring environment every day.
- Recognize succession is vital for a strong talent pipeline and you are proactive in developing your people
- Deliver amazing results as a hands-on manager.
- Constantly inspire your team to go the extra mile for each other.
- Have a true passion for our food.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Lead your team in ensuring they are compliant to food safety and health and safety procedures.
- Required - minimum 3+ years’ experience as a Executive/ Head Chef for a full-service restaurant.
- Preferred - experience opening new restaurants.
- Availability 10 Hour shifts
Meet Your Recruiter
Tom Bull, CPC
Tom Bull, CPC is the senior executive recruiter for Gecko Hospitality, Virginia and DC. Tom has a big background in restaurant operations with prior experience as DO for Applebee’s.
After joining Gecko in 2010 he has successfully developed an extensive client and candidate base throughout Washington DC and Virginia. Tom has received numerous awards for top performance during his career at Gecko. He receives frequent accolades from candidates and clients for his ability to fill job orders fast.
Tom’s experience in operations and recruiting provide a solid foundation allowing him to fill some of the most challenging positions, fast. He has connections at all levels within the restaurant segment from unit managers to Senior VP level operations, in addition to Executive Chefs and similar culinary roles.
Tom’s success is built on his ability to develop strong business relationships and works ethically with a high sense of urgency.