Hotel Assistant General Manager - luxury ski resort
- The AGM will assist in preparing annual budget, marketing plans and monthly P&L reporting
- Participate in weekly yield revenue calls with the management company
- Assist in directing the overall property sales effort
- Daily hands on overview of the total operations
- Greeting and assisting the guest on a daily basis
- The AGM will be responsible for involvement in the local community
- Insures the maintenance and quality standards are maintained throughout the hotel
- Maintain proper staffing guidelines bases on occupancy
- The Hotel Assistant General Manager will help select and train associates for the property
- Insures customer satisfaction by soliciting feedback and ion improving standards
- Work with associates on improving their performance and development to grow with the company
- 3 years’ minimum experience as a Assistant General Manager of hotel operations in an Independent Upscale Hotel environment, preference given for prior hotel Ski Destination experience
- Mountain resort experience required
- Strong experience in food & beverage operations
- HOA knowledge preferred
- Good understanding of revenue generation and yield management
- 3+ years of P&L responsibilities
- Able to motivate team to provide the best in customer service
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Karen Kern has worked in the Human Resource field her entire career. Karen is a goal-driven, results-oriented HR professional who consistently delivers value for clients and stakeholders at every level of the organization.
As a former Director of Human Resources with Marriott hotels, she possesses a solid understanding of the hotel industry. While hotels often incur high turnover, Karen found that totally unacceptable. Through her committed efforts, Karen was able to reduce turnover by 78% over a 10-year period by modifying the recruitment process, developing a mentoring program for new hires, integrating a supervisory training program, and organizing employee recognition programs.
Her LinkedIn recommendations provide testament to the high caliber of service she provides to her clients and candidates alike.