Hotel Catering Sales Manager Luxury Philadelphia Center City Hotel
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Social Catering Sales Manager Luxury Center City Hotel
$60 – 65k salary plus Gratuity & Bonus
Social Catering Sales Manager will be responsible for determining all requests for each social event and/or group including banquet rooms, catering requirements, menu planning, billing arrangements and final payment. Will also be responsible for completing BEO’s, event resumes, proposals, contracts and VIP request in a timely manner. Other responsibilities for the Social Catering Sales Manager include detailing proposals and tailoring them to the specific program while negotiating terms and maintaining budget and profitability goals. Social Catering Sales Manager will also prospect new accounts as well as provide site inspection to potential clients.
Customer Service Focus
Our Hotel aims to be recognized by our customers as the best in our business by ensuring luxury service alongside our ambassadors, guests, and surrounding community. The service and courtesy you extend and promote as the Social Catering Sales Manager, on a daily basis will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence.
Essential Job Expectations and Requirements
- Responsible for the management and planning of social events and related activities. Attends Banquet Event Oder (BEO) and staff meetings and perform as a team leader for all hotel department staff participating in the event delivery process.
- Coordination of all social banquet business as developed by the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Catering Sales Manager will develop strong customer relationships through appropriate client communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical interpersonal interaction.
- Follow up on all client needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Focuses on revenue-generating activity and maximizes selling time through retaining accounts/clients, maximizing account yield opportunities and sales effectiveness through skilled forecasting.
- Detail the program with the client including; verification and modification of space requirements, audio-visual, times, equipment, menus, themes/decorations, etc. Prepare the appropriate resumes, BEOs, and paperwork to ensure quality service within appropriate periods.
- Social Catering Sales Manager will liaise with the banquet and banquet kitchen departments to ensure timely deliverance and execution of the event.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires a working knowledge of banquet/catering food and beverage services, policies or operations.
- Communication skills required to provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests.
- Excellent listening skills necessary for clear communication with guests and associates.
Two years previous experience in a similar position at a luxury hotel preferred. Must be creative and enthusiastic. Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills. Knowledge of Delphi/Delphi.fdc Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint highly beneficial.
Social Catering Sales Manager Philadelphia Center City Luxury Hotel
$60 – 65k plus gratuities and bonus
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Karen Kern has worked in the Human Resource field her entire career. Karen is a goal-driven, results-oriented HR professional who consistently delivers value for clients and stakeholders at every level of the organization.
As a former Director of Human Resources with Marriott hotels, she possesses a solid understanding of the hotel industry. While hotels often incur high turnover, Karen found that totally unacceptable. Through her committed efforts, Karen was able to reduce turnover by 78% over a 10-year period by modifying the recruitment process, developing a mentoring program for new hires, integrating a supervisory training program, and organizing employee recognition programs.
Her LinkedIn recommendations provide testament to the high caliber of service she provides to her clients and candidates alike.