Kailua Kona, HI 96740
We are seeking a Hotel Controller for a beautiful Full-Service Hotel on the Big Island
The Hotel Controller will supervise, monitor and review on all site accounting activities including account reconciliation, accounts payable, accounts receivable, research, Accounts Receivable billing, credit and collection, and the monitoring of operations systems and procedures and control features.
Hotel Controller Responsibilities
- Responsible for the complete training of staff for job duties of the following positions: Accounts Receivable Clerk; Accounts Receivable Billing Clerk; Accounts Payable Clerk, General Cashier, Income Audit and Paymaster.
- The Hotel Controller will coordinate all on site accounting functions with the Director of Finance. Act as liaison for all corporate accounting requests.
- Ensure a smooth Accounts Payable process.
- The Hotel Controller assists in attaining financial goals.
- Partner with Credit Manager to ensure the timely billing of all direct bill accounts with complete backup and accurate invoices.
- The Hotel Controller ensures maintenance of all daily filing of documents needed for research requests from guest and in-house users.
- Ensure all guest disputes and requests for clarification is resolved and/or responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure an effective tracking system for all rebates/adjustments.
- The Hotel Controller will work closely with all departments to come up with solutions to Systems & Controls problems.
- Ensure daily balance of Income Audit to Daily Report.
- Complete all general ledger and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure a timely month-end close.
- The Hotel Controller will produce accurate financial statements.
- Prepare inter-company reconciliation and solve disputes.
- Ensure that daily cash management functions.
- Prepare Balance Sheet analysis.
Hotel Controller Qualifications
- Must have 4-5 years of accounting experience in the hospitality industry.
- Previous experience in a hotel preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to work some weekends.
- College degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- Local Hawaii Candidates Preferred
Ed Crofton, CPC
Franchise Partner | Hospitality Division
Ed Crofton joined Gecko Hospitality in 2011 after a successful 35-year career in the hospitality industry. A proven operator, Ed's background in operations and thorough understanding of the business at all levels brings a competitive edge in his recruiting. His vast experience and passion for the hospitality industry has made him very successful in matching talented people with great companies.
Prior to joining Gecko Hospitality, Ed was a Franchise Partner/Owner with Ruby Tuesday in the Midwest. He started in the industry at the age of 16 and after college stayed with Ruby Tuesday for almost 30 years. Ed has held leadership roles in operations, human resources and training. His experience includes VP of Human Resources, VP of Training and Development and District Operating Partner. He has opened more than 40 properties during his career and has mentored numerous multi-unit operator leaders.