Hotel Director of Sales - Apply Now
6620 Stagecoach Dr, West Des Moines, IA 50266 West Des Moines, IA 50266 US
Hotel Director of Sales needed in Des Moines!
Our Hotel Director of Sales will oversee the selling of the services our property has to offer, including rooms and meeting space. He/she will be actively involved with participating in the creation of our annual budget along with the development and implementation plans for our Sales and Marketing programs. The Hotel Director of Sales will analyze the best ways to build occupancy and work with the General Manager to create special promotions or packages. This individual in the Hotel Director of Sales role will lead the Sales Department and work with employees to make solicitation calls over the phone and in person, along with giving tours to prospective new accounts. The Hotel Director of Sales will work with other departments to inform them of upcoming events and work with them to properly plan for those dates. He/she will monitor guest satisfaction from our customers and ensure their needs were taken care of.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of current Hotel Director of Sales
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including revenue management, sales management, budgeting and forecasting
- Strong outside sales skills
- Extensive experience with account management
- Excellent e-commerce sales along with knowledge of research, prospecting, and venue booking
- Outstanding oral, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Track record of developing strategies to successfully drive revenue
- Extensive knowledge of forecasting sales and analyzing results to plan for future budgets
- Must have solid experience and knowledge of sales skills and revenue management
- Hands-on with recruiting, training, and motivating staff
Apply Today - Hotel Director of Sales in Des Moines, Iowa!
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Karen Kern has worked in the Human Resource field her entire career. Karen is a goal-driven, results-oriented HR professional who consistently delivers value for clients and stakeholders at every level of the organization.
As a former Director of Human Resources with Marriott hotels, she possesses a solid understanding of the hotel industry. While hotels often incur high turnover, Karen found that totally unacceptable. Through her committed efforts, Karen was able to reduce turnover by 78% over a 10-year period by modifying the recruitment process, developing a mentoring program for new hires, integrating a supervisory training program, and organizing employee recognition programs.
Her LinkedIn recommendations provide testament to the high caliber of service she provides to her clients and candidates alike.