Hotel Director of Sales - Harrisburg, PA
Harrisburg, PA 17109
- College degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience
- Strong financial knowledge required.
- Valid driver’s license from the appropriate state
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the sales/marketing/hospitality profession. This includes experiential knowledge required for management of people, complex problems and efficient sales activities.
- Must possess highly developed communication skills to frequently present, negotiate, convince, sell and influence other managerial personnel, hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from various sources and understand the process and people involved to modify or address the specific concern.
Executive Recruiter | Hospitality Division
Karen Kern has worked in the Human Resource field her entire career. Karen is a goal-driven, results-oriented HR professional who consistently delivers value for clients and stakeholders at every level of the organization.
As a former Director of Human Resources with Marriott hotels, she possesses a solid understanding of the hotel industry. While hotels often incur high turnover, Karen found that totally unacceptable. Through her committed efforts, Karen was able to reduce turnover by 78% over a 10-year period by modifying the recruitment process, developing a mentoring program for new hires, integrating a supervisory training program, and organizing employee recognition programs.
Her LinkedIn recommendations provide testament to the high caliber of service she provides to her clients and candidates alike.