Hotel General Manager | Full Service
Jackson, MS 39201 US
The General Manager is responsible for overseeing the operations and profitability of the property, including; revenue management, sales, front office, fitness, rooms, and food and beverage. This role embraces the property’s vision and service culture promoting unity and teamwork amongst all departments, and cultivating a supportive and productive relationship with internal and external partners. We're looking for someone who shares our passion for creating unforgettable guest experiences, nurturing a vibrant company culture, and building strong connections with our communities.
In this role you’ll:
- Provide innovative strategies to effectively differentiate the property from others in the market.
- Consistently deliver accurate forecasting projections for areas of responsibility and implement effective adjustments as required in staffing and other cost drivers to ensure profit integrity.
- Achieve high levels of customer satisfaction from property guests and associates.
- Effectively represent the property in the local community, regionally and nationally.
- Ensure the property is operated safely and securely according to property and company standards.
- Manage organizational change productively by driving continuous improvement, building support for change, and adapting to change.
- Lead the career development of self and others by attracting and retaining high-performing talent, by encouraging and supporting career development, and driving continuous learning.
- Create strategic alignment between ownership, property, and individual goals to ensure success.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced with at least 2 years of experience in a similar role, preferably with a degree in Hospitality, Business, etc.
- Able to implement and maintain a guest service-focused culture in a long-term, consistent manner.
- Knowledgeable in revenue and yield management strategies.
- Strong in driving group business, and understands and can direct public relations opportunities.
- Knowledgeable of income statements, balance sheets, cash flow, hospitality accounting, and internal control principles. Strong cost management / operating margin skills; develops and delivers monthly/quarterly forecast and annual operating budgets on a consistent basis; develop annual business plans/budgets and then effectively monitors performance against plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jay Franken is a seasoned leader in the hospitality industry and the newest hospitality franchise partner for Mississippi and Alabama with Gecko Hospitality. With over 30 plus years of professional experience under his belt, Jay has honed his expertise in both operations management and engineering in three of Las Vegas’ most iconic establishments - The Plaza Hotel and Casino and The Westgate Hotel and Casino and Caesars Entertainment.
Jay’s experience in the hospitality industry, however, goes beyond his professional tenure. With his exceptional interpersonal skills and innate ability to connect with guests and team members, Jay passionately believes that hospitality is all about people. Whether it’s delivering outstanding service, creating memorable guest experiences or building highly effective and profitable teams, Jay is always focused on creating a warm, welcoming environment for guests and colleagues alike.
As an inspiring mentor and well-respected leader, Jay understands that fostering the growth of his colleagues is key. He enjoys nothing more than seeing his team members develop into future leaders with the skills and knowledge to overcome any challenge.
When not working tirelessly in the hospitality industry, Jay is dedicated to spending quality time with his family, who manages their land, cattle, and dogs. He also enjoys indulging in his hobbies, such as working out, fishing, hunting, playing video games (badly), and golf (even worse).